Corny Keg price range

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prey

Reaction score
My LBHS sells empty corny kegs for 60 bucks each, is this a reasonable price? :confused:
I always thought they were 20-30ish

Very high. If you shop around you can sometimes find them under $20. Especially if you can find them locally and avoid shipping.

Here is a sure thing at $25 each.
MoreBeer Corny

Depending on how many you want to buy you can get them from brewersdiscount.com for around $20 each. If you buy more (ie. I bought 6 and got them for 20 bucks ea) you will save more on the shipping.
$60 is very high, I could never bring myself to pay that for a used corney.

Cheers

I thought i was getting bent over at $40 for a used, non-refurb'd corny!

I'd advise you just go through brewer's discount. can get 2 cornies that are washed, pressure tested, but need new o-rings (at least dip tube o-rings) for $34 plus shipping, which'll run about $15 (that's what I paid).

its a way better deal. I think their re-furb'd cornies are in teh low 20-dollar range, so you could still get two perfect cornies plus shipping for the cost of 1 local corny that might not be re-furb'd yet anyways.

If its new or allready referbished with new popits, valves and seals, washed and sanitised and leack checked, yeah its not bad..

I bought a refurbished corny for $45 from my LHBS before I found out that I could drive an hour and pick them up for $15 unrefurbished at a soda distributor. I just added ten to my collection so I now have 17. Refurbishing them isn't very hard and you can get the o-rings from McMaster pretty cheap. I only replace the poppets and other parts if they are damaged.

Craigslist is a great tool for this type of thing. I found a local guy that is selling 20+ kegs at $15 a piece unfurbished and CO2 tanks at $65. Payday can't come soon enough!!! (Friday)

John

Back