Box-free design: Another DIY Stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFebtober

Reaction score
I've learned quite a bit about these things on this forum and having just made my first ever starter (for my first ever lager) and reading about the benefits of a stir plate (double the yield!?), I put together a very simple one yesterday and put it to work last night. I suppose the key to the simplicity of this one is that the fan is large enough to also be the base.
medium.jpg

Full project details are here: http://www.pbase.com/mrfebtober/gallery/diy_stir_plate

Comments welcome, and I can provide a more detailed parts list if anybody's interested.

Praise from Caesar. Thanks Monster! I did some tinkering with my homemade bench supply initially, but when I discovered that 6VDC was an ideal operating level I switched to the 6.25VDC wall wart. I can't see myself ever stirring more than a 2-quart starter, but I can always change the supply if I do.

Actually, it's almost unfair to call it a wall wart. Those little Motorola switching supplies are great: small, powerful, and hardly any heat dissipation!

Back