Houston, TX Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vallen you can be included, two things what company would you like that grain from, here's the pdf http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/downloads/NC On-Line 2011 (22211).pdf other thing is with your addition we would be 6 bags over 42 bags which is the maximum for one pallet. So we would either need to wait to get more on that pallet or only order the one pallet. In case we only do one pallet what two bags would you prefer?
bja thanks for the info. I'm not sure if the OP has the facility/account for this to be accomplished. 1234 is willing to help with ordering since he has an account so we will be able to order it but need to work on delivery.
Does anyone participating in this buy have a facility, with a fork lift preferably, that could receive a pallet?

I have no problem dropping the sugar off of my list to get someone another bag of grain.
Years ago I worked at a grain elevator, two people can break down a 42 sack pallet one bag at a time in 2-5 minutes. 55lb sacks are easy, 90lb sacks are another story.

I would prefer to wait until i can get all (8 Bags) at once just so i only have to make 1 trip. Thats what i get for not looking at the posts daily. Do you have an idea if others are wanting to get in on the order to make up 2 pallets? I am in for 5 CM 2 Row, 2 Fawcett Maris Otter, and 1 GW Crystal 40.

Ok so basically we can get it delivered where ever and break it down I guess?
Val, from the previous list there are 9 bags that people have not come back to say they still wanted. If we give this a few more days and more people add we might be able to get close to filling two pallets.

I would like to get in.. Just one bag of marris otter and a bag of 2 row.. Maybe some crystal or Vienna if anyone wants the majority of the bag (I would only want 10 lbs or so).

I was on the original list that was being put together by Joshaw50. I was originally looking to get 6 bags of 2 row. Do you have the original list that was last updated on 8/7? I havent check in a few weeks and last i saw that order was dropped. Did u pick up from the original list requests or start a new order. If u started a new list then i missed out. If u picked up from Joshaw50 order requests then i should be good. Let me know. If i am still good then my original of 6 and 2 additional should make 1 palet or maybe im confused. Let me know

Hey just want to start off by saying I'm not trying to be a dick. Basically I started off a new count from the general consensus that we didn't know how reliable the month old count would be.
As of right now we have exactly 42 sacks for one pallet and 8 on the second I am going to continue to take anyone's orders and if we can get a reasonable amount on the second pallet we can place that order.
I am still waiting to here from Joshaw50 so not buying the grain for a little while longer. I will work on purchasing and delivery in the mean time. In a week, at most, if we haven't heard anything we should place the order.

No issues. I will wait since im not in no rush. Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate you doing this for Houston i have seen alot of conversations and just wanted to get caught up. Saving on grains is key here. Cheers

Hey just want to start off by saying I'm not trying to be a dick. Basically I started off a new count from the general consensus that we didn't know how reliable the month old count would be.
As of right now we have exactly 42 sacks for one pallet and 8 on the second I am going to continue to take anyone's orders and if we can get a reasonable amount on the second pallet we can place that order.
I am still waiting to here from Joshaw50 so not buying the grain for a little while longer. I will work on purchasing and delivery in the mean time. In a week, at most, if we haven't heard anything we should place the order.

Just let me know where I am. I know I was late so if I'm one of the eight that are over it's no big deal. If I'm one of the 42, I'm solid and I can help Valle pick it up (he's the bastard that got me into this damn hobby:drunk:).

I've been changing the count on page 9 but here it is:
Stevebuscemi - 3 (1 BZ-PILS, 1 BD-MOPA, 1 CM-2ROW)*
kingwood-kid - 1 (1 CM-2ROW)*
isurf - 1 (1 CM-2ROW)
soopagloo - 5 (1 TF-GPRM, 1 TF-MOPA, 1 GW-2ROW, 1 GB-PILS, 1 GB-MUNH10)*
senordodo - 2 (1 CM-2ROW, 1 CM-WHET)
schaez - 10 (3 CM-2ROW, 3 CM-SPIL, 1 CM-MUNH, 1 CM-WHET, 1 TF-MOPA, 1 GW-C40)
mredge73 - 4 (1 CM-SPIL, 1 CM-2ROW, 1 CM-WHET, 1 CR-DEXTR50)
ashford - 1 (1 CM-2ROW)
rca - 3 (1 CM-2ROW, 1 CM-SPIL, 1 CM-MUNH)
javabrewer - 2 (2 GW-2ROW)
Ravenshead - 2 (2 CM-2ROW)
Regulation - 2 (1 CM-PALE, 1 BD-MOPA)

Split bags:
Stevebuscemi/soopagloo - 1 (1 BD-CRSN)
stevebuscemi/ashford - 1 (1 BZ-DMUN)
kingwood-kid/senordodo/schaez/mredge73 - 1 (1 GP-RICE)
kingwood-kid/senordodo - 1 (1 CM-RYEM)
stevebuscemi/senordodo - 1 (1 BZ-VIEN)
rca/ashford - 1(1 BZ-VIEN)
Current total:42 bags.
* indicates possible splitting.

Second Pallet(Possibly?):
vallensons: 8 (5 CM-2ROW, 2 TF-MOPA, 1 GW-C40)

Current total: 8 bags.
I put valle on the second because he wanted his all together and we only had 2 bags left on the first pallet. But you made it on the first Raven.

whoops, just went back and saw what I put can easily see how you miss construed what I said. Ok put yalls on. I'm writing up prices at the moment but since shipping is unknown they're not real helpful yet.

I'm guessing no, but while we're at it does anyone want to do the 10,000 bottle caps? I wouldn't mind but depends if everyone wants to.

If you are talking about buying bottle caps from NCM it is a no go, those are part of the Brewcraft deal. They will only sell the grain, DME, LME, hops, & cleaning supplies. They will sell a Jack Daniels barrel as well.

Well that settles that. 1234 you have any experience having them ship to a residential location? Because its looking more and more likely that I will be placing the order.

I have no experience having it shipped to a residence. How about having it shipped to the freight terminal at the airport. Somebody suggested it to us on one of our earlier buys. We have our pallet to shipped to a shop that has a dock, then they just take it off with a pallet jack.i

My receiving warehouse unloads 40 trucks a day. I will have to check with the warehouse manager first, they stay pretty busy but if delivered within work hours one more load shouldn't hurt. We do not have a ramp so deliveries have to come on flatbed trucks or box trucks must provide their own dolly to wheel it out to the back of the truck for our forks can reach. Grain would need to be picked up after work hours when things die down a bit. We are located in Greens Port Industrial Facility off Federal road in east Houston. (13609 Industrial Rd) Facility is governed by the port authority, security requires a current driver's licence to get in. This will not be very convenient for anyone, so this should be considered a last resort.

Hey it's something. Sounding like our best option at the moment. Let us know if this will be a possibility once you talk to the manager cause I am looking to place the order by next week. If anyone else has a loading dock please chime in.

Hey it's something. Sounding like our best option at the moment. Let us know if this will be a possibility once you talk to the manager cause I am looking to place the order by next week. If anyone else has a loading dock please chime in.

I could be entirely wrong, but I heard St Arnolds would assist with this type of shipment by receiving it to the brewery. The founder Brock? started as a homebrewer and helps the homebrewing community still. Anyone heard the same?

I have not heard that, but it would be pretty cool. Just another reason to visit the newery.

Ron

We could always inquire of some of the new breweries in town if they'd help us out too. I know there are a few:

No Label in Katy
Kruez Creek in Sugar Land/Stafford
Karbach
and some others that won't come to me.

Ron

Yeah ravenshead please ask, I basically will take anywhere. If we can get a location we could probably place the order Monday or Tuesday

I doubt B&S will be very receptive. They already offer whole bags to homebrewers at prices less than their $/lb rates.

It doesn't hurt to ask. I know the owners fairly well. They're pretty laid back and into supporting the hobby. I never know when they'll actually be there though. I'll try tomorrow, the worst thing they could do is say no.

They do offer pretty good sack prices though.

I realized that my friend's family owns a small warehouse down in galveston that we might be able to get it shipped to. Would need to talk to him but that's probably our second to last resort.

Are we including Hops to this order? I would love to help out with grains, but I am a PM brewer in a small apartment.

I could Probably do 2 lbs of Centennial and Cascade...but if we don't get enough I could do like 3 lbs of cascade if people don't want centennial.

It sounds to me like your pallet is filled. You only fit 42 sacks on the pallet, and you can't put anything else on the pallet.

Though it seems as if it has been answered, I guess I should say its unlikely we do hops since the first pallet is full we would need to fill a second to order hops which probably won't happen for this buy. Sorry

I will call on Monday, if my work schedule allows, to make sure they will let me do the order for you guys. I will need a spreadsheet to send to them, if they will allow me to do it.

Ok I've talked to 1234 about ordering the first pallet. I'm going to see about setting up an account to expedite the process. If that won't work then 1234 will see about ordering.
Everyone let me know about the delivery options so we could finalize the deal as soon as possible.

Back