What are you guys brewing for the tailgate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstatemallards

Reaction score
Football season is right around the corner and I was curious what you guys bring to the tailgate? Also, do you guys bring your beer in a growler or bring a keg setup?

I was hoping to have an alt ready for the first game, but read my thread from this morning and you'll find that what I made is not gonna come close. That said, It's a toss up between a porter, stout, or belgian pale ale.

Football season is right around the corner and I was curious what you guys bring to the tailgate? Also, do you guys bring your beer in a growler or bring a keg setup?

It depends on how good you think your team is going to be this year.

Chicago Bears: low ABV so I can remember the game
Minnesota Vikings: high ABV spiked with bourbon

It depends on how good you think your team is going to be this year.

Chicago Bears: low ABV so I can remember the game
Minnesota Vikings: high ABV spiked with bourbon

Using this logic over the last few years, I would have no liver left considering I'm a Redskins fan.

Who knows maybe this is the year and RGIII is the savior. :drunk:

So true. I'm went to Kansas State and we're supposed to have a good team this year but I'm sure i'll be disappointed at some point. Maybe I should start brewing a strong IPA to be ready by late November.

I’ll be brewing a series of brews that I typically would have already started (I’ve had some things pop up that have pushed my summer/fall brew schedule back):

1. Octoberfest with WLP029
2. Kolsch with Ofest cake
3. Dunkel with Kolsch cake

Usually I would do these in order of 2, 1, 3 but if I don’t change it up I might miss October!

As far as serving, it will probably be out of growlers and/or 2 or 3 liter soda bottles. I learned my lesson the hard way last year at PSU tailgates – NO KEGS. Cop came and told us that the keg better be gone by the time he made his rounds. So we used a spare 5 gallon igloo water cooler as a defacto draft dispenser and chugged that beer before it all became too flat. I’m sure that wasn’t within the intent of the no-keg rules but then again it’s not the worst thing PSU police/admin should be worrying about….

Back