Chest Freezer to "Keezer" --The Broke College student Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eliskeans

Reaction score
Hello, I am in the middle of building a "keezer". I have pieced mine together by referencing basically every DIY keezer project in one way or another. I figured I should document my process to help out someone like myself. I do not have much money to spend or access to all the special tools needed to go too overboard. Many of the Keezer DIYs are awesome, but they were just too advanced for me or too expensive. Also, many threads were not as specific as they coould have been when it cam to the actual process. So this will be my version of the process.

Being on a tight budget I wanted a Keezer that was still nice and functional, but I threw out all of the fancy add-ons (casters, expensive wood)

Keep in mind that I wanted to build this for over a year. Patience was the key to finding the best deals.

This is approximately the freezer I picked up off C-list for $50 (awesome rare deal)
FFCH09M5MW.png

Back