Show us your portable travel kegerator/cooler.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished this one enough to post it.

Made mostly from stuff I had laying around the garage.

EF7775A2-47FC-45DB-BEAA-DE23068DDF05-5072-000006A5CF10F525_zps65dd51f2.jpg

817CB30C-C139-41E3-8A11-3D9749E7E2E2-5072-000006A5DD10432E_zpse13d8566.jpg

2966627F-2D79-4CE1-A94B-2E8C0AF5516A-5072-000006A5EBFEBB0B_zps981e41b6.jpg

Will utilize garbage bags for condensation in the box with the kegs and have had great results with just dropping a bag of ice down between all 4 kegs to keep them at a good serving temperature. It's not really built for anything more than about 5 hours of serving.

I wanted something that I could easily get into/out of my truck and up/down stairs and be completely self contained.

Not the prettiest pig at the fair but 100% functional and portable.

Resurrecting an old thread. Here is my Camping keg cooler/dispensor build
Made of 1-1/2" hard insulating foam. The gas hose pops outside to accomidate any sized gas tank and the picnic tap pokes through for dispensing. Inside there are gas and liquid QC's. All pieces are bonded together using PL300 and all seams are sealed with silicone inside and out. There is a simple spigot poking thru the bottom for when ice melts and water has to be emptied.

The outside still needs to be painted

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
Here is our "flavor" of portable beer on tap...all stainless steel faucets (Perlick), stainless steel keg growlers, built-in lift, lighting, self-cooled, foldable tower, self-powered battery pack, built-in temperature regulator, all tig welded aluminum, powder coated and bedlined and dual regulators for multi-beverage capability - beer, wine, mixed drinks, etc.....

Beer-Gig-001-2.jpg

Beer-Gig-Gif-4.gif

Beer-Gig-020.jpg

Beer-Gig-008.jpg

Beer-Gig-011.jpg

https://www.thebeergig.com

Figured it was time to finally become a member cause I've been reading a lot of the older posts on portable kegerators wanting to build one soon. This is very interesting does anyone else have any anything similar that I don't have to fill with ice every day?

Here's my 2x2.5G setup.

Simple collar on top of an esky. Bottom of the cooler is lined with polystyrene to give a flat base and to lift the kegs away from the wheel indents so they both fit. Gas is via sodastream bottle and mini regulator, though for most gatherings I'll just half fill the kegs and 15PSI should push all the beer out.

Top is signage board held on with magnets (as is the drip tray). Need to double that up to improve the insulation because it dews up making the chalk boards (sprayed on) unreadable.

Esky - 1.jpg
Esky - 2.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 158
Here's my road warrior, not as handsome or big as others, but get's the job done.
it has traveled hundreds of miles and the 10" pnuematic tires are a must have to off road travel to the serving site.

The first p[ic shows it loaded in the back of the truck with a fully fermented wort, burner, pots etc to teach some friends how to brew in someone else's backyard. I like to brew while I drink, it feels like the circle of life.

The other pic is a close up on my patio where you can see the damage from loading into a minivan. (real beer travelers don't have minivans ha ha).

Brewminar Truck Loaded.jpg
Road Warrior.jpg

Latest posts

Back