Any sightings of Sierra Nevada 2011 Bigfoot Barleywine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I read that it's getting shipped out on January 17th, and that it'll hit stores depending on how fast distributors are.

haven't seen the 2011 bf here yet. not to stray too far off topic but any sightings of the sn hoptimum?

Hoptimum is a dime a dozen around me. Whole Foods has a whole bunch just sitting around. The more important question is where's my BIGFOOT?!?!?!

Bigfoot sighted in St Louis. $10.49 a six. Yum!

I wish they would make this and Hopslam more available.

say Ace how does the hoptimum compare to the torpedo?

As blasphemous as it sounds, I haven't tasted either. I'm not much of a hophead, therefore my purchases tend to lean towards Moose Drool, Duchesse de Bourgogne and Hennepin.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Bigfoot in the Chicago-land area. It's such a well-balanced barleywine. Absolutely delicious, especially in these cold winters.

I only bought one six pack...I'm beginning to think I need to go back and buy them out. Come to think of it, I only saw 4 six packs sitting on their shelf...

Dang, Im going back tomorrow. I want to be able to drink a few this year and cellar the rest so I can do some vertical tastings over the next several years!!!

As blasphemous as it sounds, I haven't tasted either. I'm not much of a hophead, therefore my purchases tend to lean towards Moose Drool, Duchesse de Bourgogne and Hennepin.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Bigfoot in the Chicago-land area. It's such a well-balanced barleywine. Absolutely delicious, especially in these cold winters.

we all have different tastes :mug: I'm a hop-head and can't seem to find anything on the menue around here that I'd like to try. Pliney, hopslam, hoptimum, nada. Oh well, thats why I make beer. Btw, your bears are getting spanked right now, wtf?

we all have different tastes :mug: I'm a hop-head and can't seem to find anything on the menue around here that I'd like to try. Pliney, hopslam, hoptimum, nada.

I hear you. Unfortunately for me, most of the "specialty" beers tend to be hopped to the max. :drunk: Oh well, I try one every now and then.

Oh well, thats why I make beer. Btw, your bears are getting spanked right now, wtf?

Also not a football fan. Unless we're talking EPL. ;)

It's the non-ironic version of Football. :D

3849.jpg

To get this thread back on topic, still no Bigfoot sighting here in my area, at least not at the stores I frequent. :(

Ace_Club said:
To get this thread back on topic, still no Bigfoot sighting here in my area, at least not at the stores I frequent. :(

you may check the big liquor stores if the small places dont have it. In OK only the big mega liquor stores get limited release beers like bigfoot and celebration. the small shop by my house has all the normal SN beers but never got celebration. when I brought it up with the owner of the store, he blew up about the politics behind the distribution and allocation agreements....

you may check the big liquor stores if the small places dont have it. In OK only the big mega liquor stores get limited release beers like bigfoot and celebration. the small shop by my house has all the normal SN beers but never got celebration. when I brought it up with the owner of the store, he blew up about the politics behind the distribution and allocation agreements....

My local Whole Foods had it last year, but so far nothing.

My local Whole Foods had it last year, but so far nothing.

That stinks, I just drank the first one of the six pack and it was awesome. I'm putting the other 5 in the closet and not touching them for awhile.

You might ask someone working in the beer section about it, maybe they could tell you when it might hit.

That stinks, I just drank the first one of the six pack and it was awesome. I'm putting the other 5 in the closet and not touching them for awhile.

You might ask someone working in the beer section about it, maybe they could tell you when it might hit.

Yeah, I really should. Although I really don't mind stopping in and checking. I usually end up walking out with a bomber of something that catches my eye. Today, a 750 mL bottle of Duchesse de Bourgogne. :D

I still have a case and a half of 2010 left... And a beer store near me in RI has two sixer's of 2010 left on shelf!! I think they're asking $12.50/ea. Now I want one/some.

I'm just disappointed that I didn't stock up on more Celebration. Its my favorite and I miss it already :(

I'm still holding onto mine since they age amazingly.

4 - 2005
6 - 2008
14 - 2010

Hopefully I'll score a case this week if I'm lucky.

I'm still holding onto mine since they age amazingly.

4 - 2005
6 - 2008
14 - 2010

Hopefully I'll score a case this week if I'm lucky.

I scored a sixer a year or so ago with one bottle each:

I haven't yet found an occasion special enough to open them.

I scored a sixer a year or so ago with one bottle each:

I haven't yet found an occasion special enough to open them.

My 2005's are just about perfect now. If you don't have any others aging I'd say break them out and do a verticle tasting of them.

This year seems a LOT smoother for being so young. I'm curious if they brewed this earlier in the year and aged it longer. This year is so damn tasty. Boozy, pine and slight citrus, big mouthfeel and immediately warming.. all the while being very balanced.

This year seems a LOT smoother for being so young. I'm curious if they brewed this earlier in the year and aged it longer. This year is so damn tasty. Boozy, pine and slight citrus, big mouthfeel and immediately warming.. all the while being very balanced.

indeed, kind of why i was asking.

Back