Fermenting with fruit juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srb26

Reaction score
I'm brewing a DIPA, and transferred to secondary yesterday with a half gallon of OJ just for fun. In primary fermentation airlock bubbled great, but since transfer the bubbles have almost stopped. Shouldn't the sugars in the OJ keep them going strong? Wondering if fermentation is stuck because of the juice or what is going on? Should I add yeast?

Please someone have a answer!
Thanks for the help!

I have no idea- just an aside. Have you ever tasted fermented OJ? It's bad. Real bad. Picture OJ out of the fridge x 7 days or more. That bad.

What did you think this would bring to your DIPA? I'm just curious.

I'm brewing a DIPA, and transferred to secondary yesterday with a half gallon of OJ just for fun. In primary fermentation airlock bubbled great, but since transfer the bubbles have almost stopped. Shouldn't the sugars in the OJ keep them going strong? Wondering if fermentation is stuck because of the juice or what is going on? Should I add yeast?

Please someone have a answer!
Thanks for the help!

That depends on if it was real florida orange juice or not.

Back