Delirium Tremens Clone Recipe Request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedHeadBrew25

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have been searching and reading the various treads for a good extract clone recipe for Delirium Tremens, however, I keep getting different results and opinions.

Anyone got a tried and true extract recipe? I love this beer, but its not cheap....so any and all help in figuring out how to brew this one at home is greatly appreciated.

Happy brewing!

This was the best and IMHO the most accurate recipe I was able to locate, however, its an all-grain and for a batch size of 3 gallons. Can anyone do a conversion? Again, thanks for all the great help from this site!:rockin:

Recipe Type: All Grain
Yeast: WLP570
Yeast Starter: 1L
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter: S-04
Batch Size (Gallons): 3
Original Gravity: 1.072
Final Gravity: 1.006
IBU: 22 (Rager)
Boiling Time (Minutes): 90
Color: 4 (SRM)
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 7 (see notes)
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 14 @ 32 deg
Tasting Notes: On-the-money clone for this award winning Belgian Strong.

Ingredients
-----------
Beet Sugar 1.00 lb, Sugar, Other
Pilsener (Belgian) 6.50 lb, Grain, Mashed

Styrian Golding 0.75 oz, Pellet, 60 minutes
Saaz 0.50 oz, Pellet, 15 minutes

Coriander Seed 7.20 grams, Spice, 10 min
Ginger 2.40 grams, Spice, 10 min
Paradise 2.40 grams, Spice, 10 min

Notes
-----
Recipe is from a Belgian who supposedly knew the brewmaster at Huyghe.

10 min @ 125F mash-in, 45 min @ 144F, 30 min @ 158F, 172F mashout. I'm frankly skeptical of the effectiveness of this mash schedule, but hey, it's how Huyghe does it, I'm told. 90 minute boil. 7 day ferment (pitch both yeasts), starting at 67F and allowed to rise as yeast desired. 14 day lager at 30F, followed by a 21 day warm bottle condition at 76F.

Yeah I was thinking about their kit, but I was hoping I could do it for a little cheaper if I bought the ingredients myself or in bulk???

I mean its $65.00 for their extract kit, call it $75 shipped and out the door!!Now I know that is still cheaper then going out and buying 5 gals. of Delirium in bottles at the local store.

Would there be any additional savings I could get from avoiding the kit??

Guess I am just being uber cheap....:D

A bomber of it costs 11.99 here... I can't see how you can get much cheaper than $65... Even if you did, you may get what you pay for...

when you buy the kit the first time you'll have the right yeast, which you can wash and reuse, and the instructions for how to boil, quantity of the right ingredients, etc. and then you can buy the ingredients separately the next time you make it.

Back