Some hop (recipe) advice needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegame310

Reaction score
Hello all!

For my day off today I decided to go to my LBHS and do a bit of shopping for a MLK day brew session.

Picked up

3.3 Pilsen Light LME
3.3 Munich Extract

2 oz Chinook
2 oz Simcoe
2 oz Fuggle.

WLP011 European Ale Yeast

I'm not entirely sure on what my hop schedule should be like. I'm still new to brewing, and have been using kits and this is the first time going out on my own so to speak.

And advice?

well if those are the hops you have i would do something like this

chinook .5oz @ 60
simcoe .25oz @ 60
fuggles .25oz @ 20
fuggles 1oz @ 0

Check out a site like brewersfriend where you can build a recipe. It'll help you build a recipe and formulate things like IBUs/Gravities.

Thanks for the replies! And brewers friend is now bookmarked!

I have all my recipes on brewers friend and have had it since I started brewing(Last march) Simpler and easier to learn/use for the new brewer than Beersmith IMO.

Plus you can check out all the other recipes on there to get an idea of what other people are doing.

I have all my recipes on brewers friend and have had it since I started brewing(Last march) Simpler and easier to learn/use for the new brewer than Beersmith IMO.

Plus you can check out all the other recipes on there to get an idea of what other people are doing.

Yeah, I really like it and it's a lot easier to use IMO. Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

Back