Brewing TV officially no more; Chip starting "Chop and Brew" video series

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
I hope this hasn't already been discussed (did a search and didn't find anything) but Brewing TV is calling it quits. The last few months were a bit sad since Dawson and Keeler left but now Chip has abandoned his association with Northern Brewer and is starting a brewing/cooking/fermented-food show called Chop and Brew.

I'm excited to see what he has in store, especially since Bryan Adams and Don Osbourne will still be making appearances.

I'll be drinking a pint in honor of BTV. You've given us some great beer pr0n, some laughs, and a bunch of ideas and inspiration. Time to start rewatching the whole series.

All for brew.... brew for all :mug: :mug: :mug:

There are a couple threads about it going on. It's sad to see it go. Dawson and Keeler have their own blogs going and as you said, Chip is starting his Chop & Brew show. Keeler has a twitter account as well. I'm not on my home PC at the moment so I don't have the links handy.

Thanks Jolly. I actually just came across those while perusing the NB forum... and on a side note, I don't know why but I'm not nearly as fond of NB forums as HBT.

All for brew... Brew for all.

Dawson was the only character I really enjoyed on the show, but they had a few great episodes. The sour beer one was fantastic.

Can't wait to see what this turns into... The phoenix of Brewing TV, rising from the ashes. :rockin:

.........but glad to see that it is dead.

Why do you say that?

BrewingTV is (was?) awesome....at least the ones with Mike, Jake, and Chip. I've only been brewing for 6 months, but knew about Northern Brewer for a bit longer (the latest episodes of BTV I haven't seen yet).

The chemistry between Mike, Jake, and Chip was what really sold me. Last summer, I got into the habit of sitting down for a couple of hours on the weekend and watch BTV over a few beers. I haven't learned as much from BTV as I have from here and the NB forums, but it was still entertaining none the less. Since all three have cut their ties with NB, maybe they can still do some projects together. I hope they do anyway.

My comment is to be similar to
"The King is dead, long live the King!"

The original BTV with Mike, Jake, and Chip is dead.

No word whether BTV will still be produced. They sold their camera to Chip!

So...

Will we see anymore of Bad Ass Brewery with Bryon Adams?

What about Don Osborne? The yeast-Jedi Jeremy King? Charlie-P?

So what is left?

Maybe NB will continue producing some content, hopefully with some very good informative shows..... but it won't be The BrewingTV that started it all.

Jake, Mike and Chip are in a new race now, they have been passed the torch. I look forward to their efforts and following them.

Also, Chop and Brew has all the promise to take all the good of BTV and make it better.

I will watch Chop and Brew, and support it as much as possible.

Long live the Chop and Brew!

It is quite sad that they have discontinued their collaborative efforts! But, all 3 blogs seem to have quite a following and I will definitely be keeping up with them. :mug:

He updated his youtube channel the other day. It's a tasting of a rare trappist ale with Keeler and Dawson.

Not bad especially since he busted the HD camera back out.

He updated his youtube channel the other day. It's a tasting of a rare trappist ale with Keeler and Dawson.

Not bad especially since he busted the HD camera back out.

Just got through watching that. I hope they do more videos together. That was one thing I liked about BTV was their chemistry.

"chop for chop. brew for brew........
.......that's not going to stick is it?
"

LOL!

That was one great video. I'm really enjoying the direction Chip and company have taken it in. Brewing TV always felt like friends hanging out on a brewday, but now it doesn't have the undertone of promoting a homebrew shop. It's even more personable now, in my opinion.

Back