2 Corny Kegs at once???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinnan5150

Reaction score
I currently have one corny keg set up in my garage refrigerator. The Fridge is your average size kitchen refrigerator that I only use for my keg set up. Does anyone know if a regular size fridge hold 2 corny kegs with two CO2 tanks and regulators? It looks like it will but wanted to run it by people who have done it with success before I drop more money on kegs that should be going toward diapers.

Thanks!

:mug:

Sounds like my setup. I fit two ball lock kegs + co2 in mine. I had to take out all of the shelves, fold some cardboard under them to even the floor, and its a tight fit but it works.

so, uhhhh.... why 2 co2 tanks and 2 regulators??

Because my LHBS doesn't have any equipment to split the lines between kegs so I thought I would have to go with two tanks. Is there any equipment I can buy to split the CO2 tanks between two kegs?

I have a degree in history so I am not that mechanically inclined.

Yep, you can go with a simple "T" or a manifold which lets you shut off the valve to them individually.

5647.jpg

I got my tank and regs.outside , and 5 pin locks inside , plus will hold about a case of 12oz bottles in my fridge. Just depends on how big the fridge is

I am running 3 on one regulator now and a 4th as soon as my friend empties it. I would find a way to have the CO2 outside and leave all the room inside for kegs. Keep an eye on ebay and CL for another CO2 bottle and have a back up on hand. Think I even saw a thread here where someone adapted an old fire extinguisher to use as a back up CO2 tank.

Awesome! Thanks for that link. That is a much cheaper fix than getting a second tank with regulator. I guess my only concern with this is how much CO2 will two kegs on one tank eat up? I don't want to run out mid-kegs.

Twice as much as one keg! :D

Sorry I could not resist, if you want to go even cheaper you could pick one of these @ a big box hardware store.

brass tee.JPG

1 manifold w 2 check valves
like depicted above, so you can shut off flow to one (for ex, when carbing up one and the other is already fully carbd)

1 manifold w 2 check valves
like depicted above, so you can shut off flow to one (for ex, when carbing up one and the other is already fully carbd)

I never thought of the check valves for that "Brilliant"! Great 999 post thanks.

or could you use your main regulator to get the manifold down to 30-35 then cheap regulators for each line off the manifold to step down to the desired level for that keg. (i.e. a keg of water at 35, a stout at 10 and a belgian at 15)

Latest posts

Back