What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salt potatoes and BBQ chicken to compliment a 6'er of sculpin. I am pissed the summer is coming to a end!! :rockin:

What is the deal with the different labels they have? Did they recently change the label? My beer store had sixxers of both labels; I picked up the white looking ones; I had the same one you posted before. :shrug:

Drinkin this sample of my hoppy brown ale. Can definitely taste the centennial dry hop. Whats weird is the aroma is slight but the malt is in the forefront on the nose.

Serious question for your brew masters. Samples pretty clear already and i planned on bottling this tomorrow but forgot to set my freezer to cold crash this bad boy. Think cold crashing for about 18ish hours is a waste of time or will it help. Ive read 24 hours usually is enough but have usually crashed for 48hours minimum in the past.

Plan on having this going into bottles around. 2-3 pm tomorrow. Thanks

image-84431087.jpg

Dave37 said:
Drinkin this sample of my hoppy brown ale. Can definitely taste the centennial dry hop. Whats weird is the aroma is slight but the malt is in the forefront on the nose.

Serious question for your brew masters. Samples pretty clear already and i planned on bottling this tomorrow but forgot to set my freezer to cold crash this bad boy. Think cold crashing for about 18ish hours is a waste of time or will it help. Ive read 24 hours usually is enough but have usually crashed for 48hours minimum in the past.

Plan on having this going into bottles around. 2-3 pm tomorrow. Thanks

I never cold crash and still have clear beer. If its clear now, it should be clear later. Unless you get chill haze. Then cold crashing won't have helped anyway. So, take that with a grain of salt.

GulfBrewMD said:
Self-Righteous Black IPA from the first shipment of Stone distributed to Alabama.

Nice. Congratulations Alabama! First, legalizing homebrewing. Now, distributing Stone. It's been a good year. ;)

looks like your weekend will be better then mine :(

Got to get a better weekend than you one of these days lol

I'm finding it so hard not to hate you this weekend. I'm at home sick(boring and lame) and you're taking the Austin trip I've been wanting to make for a while(fun and exciting). If it wasn't for the fact that I want you to bring me a JK glass and I need a competitive edge on that extra Atrial Rubicite, I would just come right out and say I hate you. :D

Hate me if you will. Its not over yet :drunk: :ban:

WesleyS said:
Nice. Congratulations Alabama! First, legalizing homebrewing. Now, distributing Stone. It's been a good year. ;)

It sure has been! Maybe we can join the 21st century just yet.

DisturbdChemist said:
Hate me if you will. Its not over yet :drunk: :ban:

I'm sure I have more occasions to hate you this weekend. ;)
Cheers man! Have a great time!

tyzippers said:
I never cold crash and still have clear beer. If its clear now, it should be clear later. Unless you get chill haze. Then cold crashing won't have helped anyway. So, take that with a grain of salt.

I agree with you on that ive not cold crashed in the past but have still had clear beer. Just looking to put some extra love into it. :mug:

Usually dont have chill haze. Thanks appreciate it.

Now sampling my 1st attempts at a wheat beer, fruit beer, and my first fruited wheat beer. :tank:

Nice aroma and definitely has the flavor. Not overwhelming but thats what im going for. Want it to be a wheat beer with a nice hint of raspberry. Not a raspberry smirnoff made with wheat.

When you guys make fruit beers do you lean towards this, or tend to shoot for a fruit bomb?

image-263095585.jpg

This dangerously drinkable...

image-2457641013.jpg

GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) According to the surgeon general, women should not read these posts over the weekend because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Reading of these posts impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems. (3) Teatotalers may experience spontaneous liver failure reading these posts.

My cider with a Gurkha Vintage 2001. I lightly carbed this bottle of cider and I must say, I think I like it better still. I'll probably just bottle the rest like that.

image-4229551650.jpg

GulfBrewMD said:
It sure has been! Maybe we can join the 21st century just yet.

Texas is finally catching up with the craft beer train. This year has been great with the newly distributed breweries to the area. Founders, Southern Tier, Prairie, Goose Island, and Firestone Walker will be here in Houston in September. I felt some excitement last time I was in the liquor store and they already had the shelf cleared and the price stickers up for Firestone Walker. Next we need Cigar City, Terrapin, Russian River, Jolly Pumpkin and Bells. :D

WesleyS said:
Texas is finally catching up with the craft beer train. This year has been great with the newly distributed breweries to the area. Founders, Southern Tier, Prairie, Goose Island, and Firestone Walker will be here in Houston in September. I felt some excitement last time I was in the liquor store and they already had the shelf cleared and the price stickers up for Firestone Walker. Next we need Cigar City, Terrapin, Russian River, Jolly Pumpkin and Bells. :D

Bells will start distributing to my area starting October. :rockin:

How do you guys find out when a brewery will start distributing to your area? You just ask your local, knowledgeable beer store guy?

You do need Jolly Pumpkin there so i can stop shipping their stuff to my freakin brother in Corpus! Having a glass of hard tea now.

ForumRunner_20130830_190757.jpg

If you're getting Southern Tier I highly recommend their 2X IPA. I picked up a 6 pack on the way home. It being one of 'THOSE' days at work the 6 is now a 4 and will soon be a 3. :drunk: Good stuff.

I live about an hour and a half from them so their beer is always on the shelves locally which is very happy making.

tyzippers said:
How do you guys find out when a brewery will start distributing to your area? You just ask your local, knowledgeable beer store guy?

That's how I found out. We have one big beer store in downtown Birmingham (Hop City) and they told me about it.

Billy-Klubb said:
a martha floccin' 3 Beans, son! "why?", you might ask. the answer, my fellow peers in liver damage and taste indulgence, is because I'm Billy the floccin' Klubb!

I heard of a guy that had 3 beans. The doctor said that was not normal and that he should have surgery...

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
You do need Jolly Pumpkin there so i can stop shipping their stuff to my freakin brother in Corpus! Having a glass of hard tea now.

I'd love JP to come here. Even if just for Oro de Calabaza.

What is the deal with the different labels they have? Did they recently change the label? My beer store had sixxers of both labels; I picked up the white looking ones; I had the same one you posted before. :shrug:

I noticed the same thing when someone posted a sculpin the other day, I like the white label, perhaps it is the newer of the 2?

I am fitting to pummel these brews and perhaps a clown shoes or 3...

Another flight and new brewery.

Middleton brewery

View attachment 145286

That's a healthy flight!

ok fooooook it im cracking into one of the 2 founders cbs i have been a foooked up week so give me a reason why not :pipe:

Did you have to buy a new phone?

Salt potatoes and BBQ chicken to compliment a 6'er of sculpin. I am pissed the summer is coming to a end!! :rockin:

I might be pissed up there, but I'm looking forward to fall and winter here.

When you guys make fruit beers do you lean towards this, or tend to shoot for a fruit bomb?

Fruit bomb, but I only fruit 'wild' beers where you need a lot of fruit with everything else going on and the fruit flavor ends up changing.

View attachment 145304

Is it just where he lives? If they get Prairie, should get JP, both are Shelton Bros.

Having a black saison with dinner.

jcoxen said:
If you're getting Southern Tier I highly recommend their 2X IPA. I picked up a 6 pack on the way home. It being one of 'THOSE' days at work the 6 is now a 4 and will soon be a 3. :drunk: Good stuff.

I live about an hour and a half from them so their beer is always on the shelves locally which is very happy making.

2X IPA is definitely on my list to try. I just haven't yet. That's the bad thing about having too many new choices. Some things get pushed back in the priority list.

Billy-Klubb said:
a martha floccin' 3 Beans, son! "why?", you might ask. the answer, my fellow peers in liver damage and taste indulgence, is because I'm Billy the floccin' Klubb!

Fook right you're BillyKlubb! I say drink them all. ;)

jcoxen said:
The guy starting the local brewery and the other guy starting the local cidery are both members of the home brew club I belong to so...

Nice to have connections like that!

GulfBrewMD said:
That's how I found out. We have one big beer store in downtown Birmingham (Hop City) and they told me about it.

I wish I had a knowledgeable beer store guy. Hell. I wish I had a beer store at all!

I'm not complaining loudly. PA has tons of awesome beers distributed to the state. The issue is that they're all in one half of the state! And it's not the half I live in!! :(

The local beer shop owner is a huge homebrewer and craft brewer. I happen to run a homebrew store and am a homebrewer / beer store freak. We get along just fine!

I also owned a liquor license up until may of last year. I still run into all the salesman and distro managers from time to time to fill me in on things, just to make casual conversation of course!

:mug:

Is it just where he lives? If they get Prairie, should get JP, both are Shelton Bros.

Might be. But if Wes and DC cant get JP in Houston it sure as hell aint gonna be in Corpus. They do have a nice large Specs which was decently stocked last I went home (my cousin is the warehouse mgr and kept bragging "wait till you see our selection") but as spoiled as I am from living in Michigan I wasnt exactly colored impressed.

Thinking of my swbo here, she likes pumpkin beers but can't handle pumpking... I love it though.

They are bottling this years vintage of La Parcela #1 this week though which is their pumpkin beer. Their beers are barrel aged sours so be prepared to pay about $15 for a bomber of it...........Worth every penny

Latest posts

Back