DIY Kegerator Project on Popular Mechanics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispykid

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a freelance writer who has done a few homebrew related articles for Popular Mechanics. Some of you might remember the how to articles I did on brewing about a year ago. The homebrewtalk forums were then, and are now, a big inspiration.

So my latest project for them was to compile a DIY project about how to build a kegerator:

http://digg.com/hardware/DIY_Kegerator_Draft_Beer_Fridge_Popularmechanics_com

I got a lot of great ideas from people here and I can say in all honesty that without this board the project never would have happened. There are too many people to name, but both Kracken41 and Orpheus were both kind enough to donate pictures that helped flesh out the project and make it more applicable to a wider variety of people. I can't thank them enough.

The specific steps will all be familiar to regular readers here, but I hope that you guys think this is cool and if you do I'd really appreciate it if any digg members can digg it up so that we can get this information to more people that can use it. (It'll also help me convince Popular Mechanics to give me more assignments which would be nice).

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to these threads in the past, especially the monster Frigidaire thread.

Thanks for the link and the article. I've seen some videos before but your presentation was much more clear.

Back