beer in the light?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranceamerica

Reaction score
duh. I just realized I'm probably making a mistake...keeping the glass carboy out in the light, instead of finding some dark closet to leave it in. is that a problem?

If it's not been in direct sunlight, you probably won't have any problem. Just keep it in mind next time.

Worst case scenario, it'll still be better than Heineken.

This seems to be a common theme today. Always keep a dark T-shirt on your carboy then you have no worries about light hitting your carboy.

indirect sunlight is still not good. or a room with 12+ hours of fluorescent lighting...could also be an issue.
dark t-shirt to the rescue! size medium works well for a 5gal carboy.

If you still have them, you can also put your carboys back in the boxes they came in. I flip mine over and cut a hole in the top for the airlock to stick through.

Kai said:
If it's not been in direct sunlight, you probably won't have any problem. Just keep it in mind next time.

Worst case scenario, it'll still be better than Heineken.

Well put. Heineken is poo :D :D :p

I use the below to keep them out of the light and to help keep temperatures stable, but since gravity tends to always pull things downward, the day before bottling day (to let things settle from moving it) I take the carboy out, sit it on a table, and do the carboy box with the hole cut out mentioned previously.

FermentChamber2.jpg

Rick

Back