Clear beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miller lite

5B5AF6E1-3B17-4441-B37E-7B192BF6DCE3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Experimental beer. 3rd runnings from Pliny clone, Zombie Dust clone, and Oberon clone. 4.5oz of assorted hops, added at .25oz every 5 mins. Fermented with a French Saison yeast harvested from a Tank 7 clone. Came out to around 3.5-4% abv. Its growing on me. Lol.

1407471842236.jpg

My clearest one yet! Something I've been striving for for the last 12 batches or so. Sadly, this one was not supposed to be clear :(

Oh well, still beer! :cross:

IMG_20141110_220645.jpg

WHOA!!! Dude....your using WAY too much gelatin in your brew! When you can turn a glass upside down, and it clings to the glass like that. Yep, too much gelatin!:cross:

Ha ha ha ha ha!! This killed me!!

RampR_zps3k2zsx3l.jpg

Raspberry-Rhubarb Wheat, fermented with wild yeast I captured last year...no finings of any sort, just ~4 weeks in the keg at ~38° :rockin:

Brewed a festbier back in August, forgot my whirlfloc addition, but the gelatin in the keg got it brilliantly clear!

tCAY6Dt.jpg

Crashed/fined/kegged my first brew:

American IPA with 6oz of dry hops. Cold crashed primary fermentor at 40* for two days, fined with 1tsp of gelatin for two more days, kegged, then force carbed for three more days. Can't believe the difference! I didn't have any means of cold crashing/fining when I was bottling, and even after 1 week in the fridge (after 3 weeks warm conditioning), all my brews were completely opaque.

Here's a shot of my Hellfire IIPA when the bottles cleared more. Shot with new camera;

And a shot of my darker ESB at the old desk;

Latest posts

Back