Yeti RIS "vertical" tonight - pairings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatsleftofyou

Third Eye Pried Wide
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight I'm having a few friends over to do a sort of Great Divide Yeti RIS vertical. We'll be having:

Yeti RIS 2008
Yeti Chocolate Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Espresso Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Belgian 2011

I'd like to have a couple of simple snacks to go along with this, but most of what I'm coming up with are desserts. Also cooking with these is not an option since I only have a bomber of each (although I do have other stouts I could use). I did pick up a few chocolates but that's all I've got. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

whatsleftofyou said:
Tonight I'm having a few friends over to do a sort of Great Divide Yeti RIS vertical. We'll be having:

Yeti RIS 2008
Yeti Chocolate Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Espresso Oak-aged 2010
Yeti Belgian 2011

I'd like to have a couple of simple snacks to go along with this, but most of what I'm coming up with are desserts. Also cooking with these is not an option since I only have a bomber of each (although I do have other stouts I could use). I did pick up a few chocolates but that's all I've got. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Boozy beers hold up to fat really well. Spicy crispy pork belly works well against a sweeter beer that also has warm alcohol. The booze will cut the fat off the tongue and the sweet will balance the spice.

Back