Less Filling - Tastes Great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enoughstuff

Reaction score
After a 15 or so gallons of (mostly) very tasty brew, I'm finding all of my trousers have shrunk! Possibly it's my wife turning up the dryer a bit to get some extra shrinkage there, but I am now looking for a brew that is low in Carbs, a +5 ABV and has taste!

Anyone got a recipe out there? Ales or pils preferred!.

Here is a link to brewing Low Carb Beer from Beer-Wine.com. I brew my all grain this way, in an effort to keep my already expanded waistline from getting any larger :drunk:

The article above was very informative, but if I read it correctly, it speaks only to all-grain mashing. I am new at this, and would love to make a low-carb ale (vs. lager). Any recipes out there, or is this a mythical creature?

á-amylase = alpha amylase, â-amylase = beta amylase ? tough to read those twiddles.

An interesting idea, you would have lower OG and lower FG, but about the same APV. Probably not much mouth feel or body either. As the article points out, converting the carbs to alcohol doesn't reduce calories.

Since extracts have been heat processed, there aren't any enzymes to work with. Also, there isn't any starch stuck in the mash to leave behind. If you are trying to cut total calories, make low gravity milds, ambers and browns.

Imperial (anything) = Super size

Latest posts

Back