Bottled from keg but beer flat can I use the coopers tabs to re-carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuyRyan

Reaction score
The title says it all! I had just a few pints left in a keg that I wanted to save so I pulled the keg and let it sit for a while. I then needed the keg and didn’t chill it again I just used the "no stinking beer gun" method that I used before with no issues. Unfortunately since the keg was now warm and foamed like a mofo all the bottles that I opened were 90% flat. I don’t want to keg just the 10 bottles that are left so could I just open the bottles and drop a few tabs in and seal them back up? Do you think enough yeast would be left to carb them?

Thanks

Ryan

I'm going to come off sounding like an ******* here but man up and drink them flat it's only 10 bottles

I'm going to come off sounding like an ******* here but man up and drink them flat it's only 10 bottles

I had 14:D I would just drink the rest but I have family coming in for the holidays and they are the ones who I was saving these for to take back home. ;)

P.S. I was born and raised in Joliet, don't make me come over and show you how it's done.

Yes, carbtabs will do the job and there will be yeast. Chill them first to reduce foaming, then warm them up after re-capping. Removing all the yeast from beer isn't something that can be done in your home.

Go pick up a 24 of Old Style and bottle it up for them they will never Know.

Back