Just harvested my hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
Yep that's right 2 days ago I harvested my hops for the year. I live in central Misisipi and we haven't had a 'real' frost yet. Just frost on the vehicles, none on the ground so far. Since we had a forecast of 32 and it was windy I decided to harvest what was mostly ready. For clarification, I moved to my house at the beginning of July and didn't get my planted hops transplanted to a trellis until August. They've essentially been growing since September. Not much of a crop from the 2 vines, but it's great to get a little something this late in the year! As soon as frost hits em I'll cut em and mulch em. Till then let them grow and keep an eye on the weather so I can hopefully harvest again if we can make it another couple weeks without frost!

Viva Global Warming!!!:rockin:

Schlante,
Phillip

this post is useless without pics :D

Help you out there

useless_without_pics_2.gif

Help you out there

useless_without_pics_2.gif

I really like the looks of the guy on the far right... in a plutonic sort of way of course! He looks like he just got off of a deserted island! I mean first I couldn't be that skinny if I tried and two I'd have too have special effects people work on me to get me that scary! He's got talent!!!

As for pics, I did take pics about 3 or so weeks back, but can't currently locate my camera, the wife is none too happy also! :( Really a very small harvest, but for mid Nov. I'll take it!

Schlante,
Phillip

Latest posts

Back