Any upstate of Syracuse HBTers wanna have a brew day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau815

Reaction score
Im outside of Syracuse, and am wondering if there are any locals who want to have a brew day in a couple months... wherever.

If you want to plan a brew day sometime this spring - when its not 12 degrees out - I would be up for it. I brewed my AG Hefeweizen today as I'm tried of drinking all my heavy winter beers.

Also, I am originally from Clinton. :D

Platts.jpg

But that was 35 years ago: :(

Where'd you live, BM? My wife and I live in Jay, right near Whiteface, and my parents live in Port Kent where the ferry crosses over to Burlington.:D

Plattsburgh Air Force Base. SAC Base during Vietnam.

That big white thing on the left was the flightline for B-52's C-135's, FB-111's and Huey Gunships.

That circle on the right was my 6-plex house I grew up in. With B-52's warming up at 5:00AM, I never had to worry about oversleeping in the morning.

We used to take the ferry of to Burlington for Christmas shopping. We used to ice fish on Lake Champlain in the winter. Drove the 1968 Ford Fairlane station wagon right out on to the lake…drilled some holes and fished all day.

Platts_3.jpg

:off: I know this is way off topic, but thanks for the reply, BM. I had a feeling you were on the base. The only time I was actually on the Base was in August of '96 for a 2 day Phish concert. 70,000 drugged up hippies on an AFB. The irony was not lost in the cloud of smoke...

kaya you are having the same problem with your ny state home brewers group link as i did, i followed his directions and put ] instead of * on the link but it still doesnt work so i just added the link below it.

...The only time I was actually on the Base was in August of '96 for a 2 day Phish concert. 70,000 drugged up hippies on an AFB. The irony was not lost in the cloud of smoke...

The real irony is that when I was living on the base at the age of 14 in 1973, we used to walk through the barracks to find soda machines and could smell the aroma of what (I would learn very later in life) was some very fine herb while Black Sabbath was crackling away on someones turntable.

Nice... did you join the NY State Home Brewers Group? I think some people from there want to have a brew day too. Clay isnt too far... lets get a few more people and settle on a place and date.

Back