Sweet find of the day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
I stopped at my local gas station just in time to see them pitch this. Its one of the display coolers they use for pop and such. it hold two 6.5 carboys, i just hope they hold there temp well. it even has a drain in it, they had gotten some new ones from a vendor and didn't need it any more

IMG_5346.jpg

I plan on using it as my swamp cooler if it holds temp well. i like the fact i can put 2 carboys in there at once

Did the kid come with it? Nice! I imagine it would be pretty good as long as it doesn't have and leaks?

That is a solid find! I've been struggling with 10 gallon batches and taking over SWMBO's pantry for a week with a second cooler. I guess I should say she's been struggling but is a good sport about it.

Did the kid come with it? Nice! I imagine it would be pretty good as long as it doesn't have and leaks?
\

My asst brewer there did a leak check and assured me all was a ok

After having this for a month I finally got to use it this week. It worked better then i had expected. This week i made my Belgian style xmas ale and did my usual procedure. I chilled my wort to 85 and transferred to the primary. then i placed it in the swamp cooler with a 22 lb bag of ice and topped it off with water. With in minutes (around 4pm)it was in the low 70's so i pitched my yeast. When i got up the next morning (530 am) it was at 56 and still dropping so i pulled it out. when i got home in the afternoon it was at 64 and just starting to show signs of life so i left it out. two hours later it was going nuts so i put it back in and it held at 62 for two day before i had to yank it again so it could ramp up to the high 70's. I think i could larger in this thing.

Glynn said:
After having this for a month I finally got to use it this week. It worked better then i had expected. This week i made my Belgian style xmas ale and did my usual procedure. I chilled my wort to 85 and transferred to the primary. then i placed it in the swamp cooler with a 22 lb bag of ice and topped it off with water. With in minutes (around 4pm)it was in the low 70's so i pitched my yeast. When i got up the next morning (530 am) it was at 56 and still dropping so i pulled it out. when i got home in the afternoon it was at 64 and just starting to show signs of life so i left it out. two hours later it was going nuts so i put it back in and it held at 62 for two day before i had to yank it again so it could ramp up to the high 70's. I think i could larger in this thing.

Nice! I can't wait once I move to really get my gear going!

Back