Anyone Familiar with "Beer Clean Sanitizer"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with this product? Is it suitable for sanitation of homebrew equipment? My wife recently started with Johnson Diversey, so I think I can get it cheap, but I'm wondering if it's any better/easier than something like One Step?

http://www.restockit.com/browseproducts/Beer-Clean-Last-Rinse-Sanitizer--(90223JD).html

Beer Clean Last Rinse Sanitizer (90223JD)

MANUFACTURER NAME: JohnsonDiversey
ITEM #: 90223JD
DETAILS: Powdered compound sanitizes all bar glassware. Laboratory testedkills Escherichia coli and staph germs. Delivers 100 ppm available chlorine. Includes test strips. EPA Registered. 1/4-oz. pouches. 100 pouches per case.
INDIVIDUAL ITEM SIZE: 1/4 oz. Packets
ALTERNATE ITEM #: DRK90223
WEIGHT: 2.4 lbs.
CUBE: 0.14

Looks like it would be fine, however im not sure w/ that ppm that it qualifies as a no rinse sanitiser. I would use it but i think you can get the same result cheaper with household bleach. Remember if you use bleach rinse well with tap water.

Okay, thanks for the input. No rinse is the key for me, and that was my concern with this stuff.

Back