Just bottled my first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegionalChaos

Reaction score
I got it all bottled up last night. It's an IPA recipe. Tasted decent going into the bottle. Now I just get to wait more! Anyway, it was a fun process and I'm looking forward to doing it more and improving. I already have a batch of apfelwien going in my second carboy ;)

Three cheers for beers! :ban:

Now have patience young Jedi...3 weeks to bottle condition it must! Temptaion to taste sooner leads to "Is my beer infected?" panic threads. Not infected...but green it is:D

Congrats on your first bottling!!!

Thanks guys :)

Really it just makes me anxious to get my next batch going. There are several things in my process that I think I can improve on. Hopefully not breaking those damn hydrometers is one of them...

+1 on revvy, on my first couple of batches I didnt wait and when I drank the last one it was the best, its hard I bet you want to drink one right now, I know I do too, but be strong it will be worth the wait

What temp do the bottles need to be stored at? I put them in my outside office, since it is out of the way, etc.. Out of sight out of mind for SWMBO.. But it isn't as well insilated as the house. Might drop down to 60s or 50s depending on the weather outside. Should I move the bottles up into the attic or something?

You should put them in a warmer place, preferably around 70 degrees or so. After they carb up it's then fine to put them in a lower temperature area.

Well I waited 2 weeks before sampling a bottle. Tasted Great! I was really impressed with how much influence the dry hopping had on the aroma. The bottle I tried was carbed decently, but I plan to let MOST of them age another week or so before gifting or drinking. Friday is brew day for the second batch :) Another IPA.

Back