Validation! Great results from homebrew club comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davekippen

Reaction score
Just placed first out of 18 at the local homebrew competition :rockin:

I know its not an official comp or anything but its great validation to know that my brewing is making improvements. I felt like each one tasted better than the last, now I have some validation!!!

Brewing ROCKS! :cross:

Oh, and now I can use the line "see honey, this is why I spend so much time on HBT"!! I credit this website with a big chunk of my improvement!

Good job...and you can justify more brewing with the positive reinforcement you got from the competition!

Congrats, a little validation really goes a long way and will drive you to push your brewing to new levels.

Congrats! Who cares if it wasn't "official", you just beat 17 other beers!

Woo Hoo! Way to go. Kona Brewing contest was this past weekend. Hope my 3 entries did better than last years. Should know in about 3 weeks.

It was a Pale Ale comp. Recipe was fairly simple, 50/50 pale malt and Maris. Equal parts Galaxy and Cittra @ 20, 10, 5, and flame out (no bittering) and equal parts again at dry hop. IBU's were in the middle of the style guidelines.

Latest posts

Back