Warrior hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orpheus said:
OK, thanks. I was beginning to think they went by another name or something.:confused:

Kampfmacher perhaps? :D

I get my Warrior hops at Austin Home Brew also.

Man this Stone IPA clone is tasty.... It's raining here on the 4th of July, nothing to do but taste beer. Oh well, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Here's to our Independence and the brave men who fought for it! :mug:

Yeah,Me too.I went Monday to the LHBS and was looking for Warrior hops for a #9 clone and was told that "those aren't available anymore" I being somewhat new to the art of homebrew asked what could be used instead-I was told that Williamette hops are very close and that the amount being used would not adversely effect my batch.
Where did the Warrior hops go ? Was the brew shop guy correct in his advice ? Shane

If you're using the williamette for finishing, you'll be okay. But if the warrior is the bittering hop, you'll need a lot more williamette to hit the same level of bitterness. Check the alpha acid %. Usually warrior is around 16% and williamette around 6%--a big difference.

Monk

You might try Tomahawk. It's similar with slightly higher cohumulone levels and not as aromatic.

Well,Turns out I do need the Warrior hops for the 60 minute boil.... appears the Williamettes just aren't gonna do. Anybody have a 1/2 oz. Warriors they'd be willing to send a fellow brewer ? Lemme know. Thanks in advance. Shane

I got Warrior from AHS this year as well. Last year I got them from Freshops. When I tried to reorder later in the year, they said they were out and sent me Magnum instead. It didn't seem to be quite equivalent other than it is high alpha. This year no Warrior at all, but I was able to find Summit leaf hops at Freshops. I have only seen them in pellets everywhere I looked.

SAS98M said:
Well,Turns out I do need the Warrior hops for the 60 minute boil.... appears the Williamettes just aren't gonna do. Anybody have a 1/2 oz. Warriors they'd be willing to send a fellow brewer ? Lemme know. Thanks in advance. Shane
I may have .5 oz available for you. 16.4 % AAU. I'll PM you tonight if they are still in my inventory.

Back