Urban Knaves of Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtB

I may be drunk, but I'm not sure.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to say I went to my first Knaves meeting last night, and though the night started a bit slow for somebody that really did not know a lot of people, as soon as the home brew started flowing things really loosened up. It was then that all of the "regulars" started introducing themselves to a number of us newbies, sharing stories, and really making us feel like we belonged.

It was great to be welcomed by such a varied and large group of people. All too often when I have been to other similar gatherings (not beer related), there seem to be a handful of people that would go out of their way to meet the new people but many others simply would stay in thier own group like us new people didn't exist. That was not the case with this group. I could have probably stood in one place in the room and met two thirds of the people that were at the meeting just by waiting for them to walk up to me (and offer me some homebrew samples). Overall I had a good time, and met a few people there that are also members here.

I hope to make it to next months meeting, to get to meet even more local brewers.

The knowledge here on HBT is vast, but nothing beats having some beer and talking face to face.

:mug:

I wish there was a club like that in the desolate prairie of Minnesota...

I know the feeling Suds.

I had been thinking about going for the past 6-8 months, but life kept getting in the way with higher priority things that had to get done. I actually had something to do back on Wednesday that cancelled at the last minute, so I told the wife I was headed to the club meeting instead. She was cool with it (I have a very understanding wife).

Was my first meeting as well! I think I was over there trying mead with you (boy that stuff was potent!)

Great group, looking forward to future meetings and the technical meetings!

Back