Beer Blog Pack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhoerr

Reaction score
Hello!

First of all I want to thank you all for putting so much information out there for people who are starting to homebrew. I've been lurking here over the past months as I've been considering picking up the hobby (lifestyle?)

I've launched a blog to record my journey and function as a brew log: http://beerandstuff.com I had kept a video game blog for a while and one of the most rewarding aspects of that was getting involved with a community of bloggers. Every month there would be a question/prompt sent out for everyone to respond to (or ignore if they didn't feel like it) and I was wondering if any such organization exists for brewing blogs or if there would be much interest in starting one. (something I'd be happy to spearhead)

Cheers! :mug:

dan

Ha: were you with bs angel's Blog Banter? There's been something like that for beer for quite a while, and I actually contacted her with the idea to make it more like this: behold The Session. August's entry is due tomorrow.

Beer has been so tightly linked to geography throughout it's long history, we tend to forget. Many beer styles are named after the cities, countries, and regions they originally came from. Two of the best ways I've found to explore a new place are to run around in it, and to sample the beer from it. And like many in the craft beer community, I constantly exhort anyone who will listen to support their local brewery, while simultaneously seeking out beers from distant lands that are new, novel, and exotically foreign. The Session provides a unique opportunity to explore this connection between the beer in our glasses and the place it comes from with perspectives from all over the world

So I ask for this 42nd Session that you write about a special place in your life, and a beer or brewery that connects you to that place. It can be the beer from your childhood home, a place you once lived, your current hometown, a memorable vacation you once took, or a place you've always wanted to go to but never had the chance. Please take a few moments to think about the how the beer connects you to this place, and share this with us. Of course, the definition of "place" is rather open ended, and in some cases, highly debatable, so it will be interesting to see the responses on what constitutes a place.

You can either provide the link to your Session contribution with a comment to this post, or you can e-mail it to me at "derrickwp (at) earthlink (dot) net". E-mailed submissions in text form will be posted on this site with credit given to the author should anyone wish to participate this way.

Hello!

First of all I want to thank you all for putting so much information out there for people who are starting to homebrew. I've been lurking here over the past months as I've been considering picking up the hobby (lifestyle?)

I've launched a blog to record my journey and function as a brew log: http://beerandstuff.com I had kept a video game blog for a while and one of the most rewarding aspects of that was getting involved with a community of bloggers. Every month there would be a question/prompt sent out for everyone to respond to (or ignore if they didn't feel like it) and I was wondering if any such organization exists for brewing blogs or if there would be much interest in starting one. (something I'd be happy to spearhead)

Cheers! :mug:

dan

I really like the concept of a monthly question to address. I'd be in if someone starts it up.

No fair with there being another Dan in this thread. I keep getting confused. 'I'm not in MD? Why would they think that?' It's not like this is a popular name or anything.

+1 ...where you at Dan? If you're in the Baltimore metro area....see sig for brewday coming up. :)

I'm in Baltimore proper. I can probably make it out to that brew day, but should warn you that I'm totally new at this. :) By September I'll hopefully have a 2 brew days of my own under my belt. (unless I can talk SWMBO into another primary and some more bottles... in which case I'll have more)

Oh, Eve Online. I have a special kind of reverence for that game, never having played it, of the kind of absolute insanity that takes place and the sheer cliff of a learning curve.

the reverence is well deserved. :p

Great! Noobs are welcome to come. Bring up a kit to brew, or look in the thread to see if anyone's splitting up an all grain batch that you can jump in on.

Back