How long can i keep this lager in the fridge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is indefinintly (maybe) but here is the deal

I was planning on bottling my Irish red lager this weekend, but ran out of bottles. I know that I am getting a kegerator setup for christmas. Can I just wait to keg my lager instead of bottling it? It has been in the fridge since September 28th (12 days for primary, rest for lagering) Is that too long, or the longer the better?

Just leave it there. It's not going to hurt anything whether it ages where it is or in bottles. Make sure it's off the primary yeast/trub cake, though.

yep, its off the trub crap, it has been racked to the secondary after the first 12 days..

This will make my woman happy, to have this IRL on tap...

thanks as always for your great help guys...

p.s. olllllo

i dont get it...

olllllo said:
Instead of saying "you must do x on y day", we were just going to wait for y day to come and THEN post.

It was late and my drugs finally kicked in.

ha, i gotcha..

sorry about your drug problem.

Well, I looked at it, and in the secondary, there is yeast that has settled out.. And also on the bottom is my dropped bung (damnit)... So even with that secondary yeast cake, it should be ok for another month or so?

Back