CO2 Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
For anyone who has made a kegerator or keeps multiple kegs in the fridge, did you make the distribution manifold, or did you buy it? I've seen some that look like they were made from assembling a combination of valves, and others that look like they were machined out of a piece of aluminium or other metal (see tnlandsailor's "The Great Fridge Project" https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2009 ). What is the cost for one? I'm moving pretty soon, and my first project after the move is to build a 4 corny kegerator.

Mine started with three ports and I added a fourth. It's just a bunch of valves and nipples. The one piece manifolds are a little less expensive, but not expandible. Mine ran about $50 total.

Cool. I'm not too worried about cost and I would like it to be expandable. Also, I like the do-it-yourself aspect of the project. I don't want to just buy something if I could make it myself. Kudos to tnlandsailor. I didn't know that he turned that project into a document, showing the construction and listing the parts. That answers some of my questions. Not counting the fridge or the kegs, how much is a total setup going to cost? Lines, connections, faucets, and drip trays?

I ended up using 3 "Y" splitters to give me 4 gas lines...probably wasn't the best way to go, but I had a Y and two shut off valves already, so I figured it was cheaper to go this route.

Using tnlandsailor's guide, a similar one to his, but only needing 4 outs, instead of 6, would cost me about $60. I can probably find some of the parts locally for cheaper, though.

Quick question, how do you send different PSI to each keg w/o a seperate regulator for each keg?

Matt

psymn said:
Quick question, how do you send different PSI to each keg w/o a seperate regulator for each keg?

Matt
Basically you don't. If you want to run separate kegs at different pressures, you'll need multiple regulators, or a regulator capable of running more than one pressure. My regulator is capable of having another setup attached to it that would let me do this.

I ordered some parts to build a CO2 manifold for the Kegerator that I'm building. They came yesterday and I put most of it together last night. If anyone has seen pics of tnlandsailor's manifold, it is very similar to that. I'll post some pics as soon as I get the chance. The home computer is still not completely recovered from the move. We still don't have DSL yet and I need to run a phone line into the garage. :(

do you use teflon tape for the shutoff valves, end cap, and connector barb?

I noticed most of the pre-made ones don't have check valves built in so I was just gonna build my own. I guess you only need a check valve on the barb to the co2 tank...

Here's the pics, the parts and the assembled manifold.
Manifold Parts.jpg
Manifold Assembled.jpg

the manifold looks great... I wish I wouldnt have bought one a few months ago... oh well, jsut means I need to build another kegerator..!!!

It was easy to assemble. Just some teflon tape, a crescent wench, and allen wrenches for the plugs. I'll be ordering the taps soon.:rockin:

Brewsmith said:
Using tnlandsailor's guide, a similar one to his, but only needing 4 outs, instead of 6, would cost me about $60. I can probably find some of the parts locally for cheaper, though.

I bought a 6 port aluminum manifold from a guy who sells HB equipment on ebay. I did alot of price shopping and determined that it was cheaper to buy it assembled rather than to build one. Not to mention the time savings. Mine was less than $50. Here's a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Output-CO2-Di...54609QQcategoryZ38172QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

There's a little extra cost in mine due to the quick connect fittings. I could have saved another 10 bucks or so without them. But the barbless quick connect seems like such a cool way to go. We'll see how it works soon.

Latest posts

Back