Business Venture - Prelim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay82

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This will be my first post as part of this forum so please go easy on me!, although I have read many of the threads and responses that individuals have posted on this webiste over the past weeks and I have found it very informative. Thier is a lot of individuals on this site that understand craft beer and the market for it.

Unfortunately I am not one of these individuals that understand the making of craft beer/home brew, although do have my favorites from a consumption point of view.

The reason for my post is I used to be a bar owner in a beach town of roughly 15 000 residents that spike to over 300 000 residents during prime months. The building experienced a fire last year and we have been until now remidiating the damage. We our now at the point of going through design works to finish the inside of the building when i was approached by a friend who asked if we wanted to take a different venture with the building. His venture would be taking the building and turning it into a marketing/sales/distribution centre for a micro brewery, although do not brew on site.

Since neither one of us have the education in home brewing we want to look at hiring a micro brewery to brew a beer for us, and since we are both well known around the area and have backgrounds in marketing plus owning the very successful bar which is in a prime location in the heart of the touristy area of the town we feel that we could build a brand that would be well known around the area, and then see how it grows from their.

So after that long winded post my question is. Is thier companies out their and where are they that will brew a beer for us that we could transport to our centre where we would distribute/market and sell. Bottling we havent quite figured out yet

Thanks again

Jason

This is called contract brewing and it is pretty common. Do a search for it on here and over at probrewer.com. You could find breweries in your are and give them a visit.

I don't know about somewhere that will make it specifically for you.....but with already having a liquor license you might as well invest in the equipment and a brewmaster. I know where I live there are plenty of microbreweries in the area whose beer is carried in stores, but it still has to go through the beer distributors. From what it sounds like though is you want a microbrewery for your bar, but don't want the microbrewery.... Only way to really achieve that (I would think correct me if I'm wrong) would be to partner up with one. What stinks about that is, and it may be different with your laws, but where I live you would still have to go through the distributor. The only way around that would be if you combined the business, and once again this may be only where I live, but make sure to keep the original name for both the bar and brewery because you can be forced to start your business's credit history over by simple adding another name to the business.

Thanks guys,

Great information so far I will definitly lookk into the leads that you have given me and respond back!
Jay

I don't have an answer for you but I hope it works out and if so post it here I love to visit those type of places so good luck!

Back