My Keezer build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpatrol

Reaction score
Spent a week or so putting this Keezer together. Frigidaire 9.0 cu. ft. from Lowes brand new. Went with 1"X6" knot free douglas fir and liquid nailed two together to get a stronger 2"X6". Used Minwax oil based stain. The color was Gunstock. Perlick taps and stainless 4" shanks with nipples.

Keezer_Build_026.JPG

Keezer_Build_022.JPG

Keezer_Build_008.JPG

Keezer_Build_0151.JPG

Keezer_Build_025.JPG

Very nice!

I did the same with my smaller Frigidaire--collar on the freezer, not on the lid. It's been no problem loading kegs.

Very nice!

I did the same with my smaller Frigidaire--collar on the freezer, not on the lid. It's been no problem loading kegs.

I have it set on a carpeted furniture dolly so I can roll it around. Its fairly tall. Just got a couple kegs in the mail from kegconnection and don't have any brew to keg yet. I'm using it as a fermenter right now for a Kolsch I just made. Had no problem loading the 5 gallon carboy.

looks great. I love the douglas fir I am getting ready to start mine and was thanking about doing the same thing.

Outstanding job man. Very timely as I will be doing my sleeve any day now.

Can you please post some pictures of how you sealed the collar onto the freezer and the weather stripping you placed on top of the collar to help seal the lid? Any interior pics...

Thanks and congratulations.

Outstanding job man. Very timely as I will be doing my sleeve any day now.

Can you please post some pictures of how you sealed the collar onto the freezer and the weather stripping you placed on top of the collar to help seal the lid? Any interior pics...

Thanks and congratulations.

I didn't take any pics of how I sealed it. All I did was put a nice zig zag bead of Liquid Nails - (had to find one that allowed for plastic to wood). Had the wife help me lower it onto the top of the freezer so I wouldn't make a mess and then weighed it down on all four corners for a day or so. I never added weather stripping. What you see is the original weather strippingg that was already on the lid. I did use some tub/tile caulk along the inside where any gap or seam was. It holds temp. as if I never modified it. Its been over 100 here in sac this week and it hardly ever kicks on.

Latest posts

Back