is leine's real beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The honey is for sure an actual beer. The Berry Weiss just sucks so I think it's actually considered "crap". :)

I think they also consider the Berry a beer...but it tastes more like a bad wine cooler to me....

A while back, I bought a six of "Nut-Brown Ale." The last two bottles got poured down the drain. Waaaaay too much vanilla! But Leine's Red is most definitely a beer!

glenn514:mug:

I can handle the Brown, but that Berry stuff tastes like Kool-Aid vomit to me. They succeeded in making a beer-like beverage that ladies who don't drink beer can actually drink.

(My apologies to anyone who considers themselves a man and enjoys that beer...)

i didn't want to start a leine's debate, i just wasn't sure if it's actually brewed as a beer.

for the record i don't really care for their stuff. Altho I did enjoy the shanty as just a hard lemonade type thing.

I can handle the Brown, but that Berry stuff tastes like Kool-Aid vomit to me. They succeeded in making a beer-like beverage that ladies who don't drink beer can actually drink.

(My apologies to anyone who considers themselves a man and enjoys that beer...)

The apology being for them considering themselves a man ? :p

All of Lenei's offering's are beer. Beer has many many styles allowing many different adjuncts.

if it has hops, yeast, and barley in it, then it's beer.

The problem is just all the other **** that is also thrown in.

It would not be considered beer under the Reinheitsgebot, for what it's worth. :D

I'll take a berryweiss over that Sam Adams' Blackberry wit....not impressed with that fruit wit.

Sure, I drank it all...out of principle.

My wife loves that berry stuff. But she also loves what I make. So, sometimes I just have to look the other way.

I knew one of Jacob's grandsons or great grandsons when I lived in the Twin Cities. His family always had a garage full of long necks.

I met the guy at a Bob Dylan show at the Orphium downtown. Standing behind the first section of seats stage right and rocking out to Bob on stage, the cat says, "Hey, you want a beer?" Knowing you had to go out to the mezzenine to drink a beer I said, "No, I'm alright I came here to hear Bob."

He says, showing me a long neck bottle, "Do you want a beer?"

"uh Sure, I'll take a beer." With that he opens up the exit door which lead to an alley and grabs me a beer out of a case he had just sitting out in the alley. He came prepared.

I tell you all of this as this was the one and ONLY time I enjoyed a Linney. Thank God for Summit ales!

Back