My keezer is finally full

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
This is my keezer.

5 Cornys that are carbing right now, with room for 3-4 more.
Numerous craft botled brews and my own bottled brews
1 - 20 lb CO2 tank

Thanks for looking

100_0497.jpg

On tap with picnic taps is

1. Jamils Kolsch
2. NB American Wheat with raspberry flavoring
3. NB Scottish 80
4. NB Oatmeal Stout with 6 oz of Hershey powder added to it
5. NB Honey Nut Brown Ale

I'm new to homebrewing so I'm a little ignorant, but what makes this a keezer? How is it different from an ordinary freezer?

A "keezer"* is a chest freezer that usually has the thermostat replaced with temperature controller enabling it to accurately run at higher temps for beer. Also, there are then taps added to either a wooden collar placed between the freezer and lid, or a tap box built on top. It's essentially a kegerator built from a chest freezer instead of a stand up refrigerator.

*Keezer is a term coined by this forum to my knowledge.* (Kegerator+Freezer=keezer)

Bigsnake,

The only time I go to BR is to shoot a pistol match at the range behind Cabelas ( I see one of your hobbies is firearms). I live just south of you in Vacherie. Do you belong to the brew club in BR?

Bigsnake,

The only time I go to BR is to shoot a pistol match at the range behind Cabelas ( I see one of your hobbies is firearms). I live just south of you in Vacherie. Do you belong to the brew club in BR?

My friends and I (have 3 other friends who brew beer, another couple do wine) just discovered it and we all live about 1 minute away from the meeting spot. I believe we're all planning on attending the next meeting.

I also belong to Palo Alto shooting club but I haven't had time to get out there and shoot in awhile.

Let me reword this topic then. It is full to the point that I do not own any other kegs. If I did, then I would remove the hanging basket and add the remaining kegs. Until then, it looks full, doesn't it?? I could stack 4 cases of bottled homebrew under the hanging basket, but the moisture would ruin the boxes.
I guess I will order some more kegs.

Latest posts

Back