Problems using the GIMP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodfatherX

Reaction score
I'm having a problem pasting images into the other layer I'm working on. I try to paste into the area I have already open, but instead of opening a new layer, it opens a new window. Then, when I try and paste it in from this window.....it degrades the color of the pic pasted in. It's driving me nutz!

Are you saying that you cannot create a new layer and then paste into it or are you trying to paste multiples into the same layer? Make sure that the layer you want to paste into is selected or highlighted.

I am assuming that you have one image open and want to layer another on top or underneath it.

Here is what happens when I paste into a new layer.

afterpastesn7.png

See how the color degrades.

As an alternative for Gimp you can try downloading Paint.NET it's free and is really easy to use. I have a hard time getting gimp to do things I want too but can do them easily in Paint.NET.

As an alternative for Gimp you can try downloading Paint.NET it's free and is really easy to use. I have a hard time getting gimp to do things I want too but can do them easily in Paint.NET.

WOW!!

You were 100% right.........paint.net rocks. I was able to fix everything the way I wanted it in secs.

Thx

My first instinct would be to check what the color mode is for the image you're trying to paste it into. If it's a bitmap (or something) with very few colors it's going to totally screw your colors. Since it appears that the image you were pasting into only had a couple of colors in it, that seems like a likely problem.

One easy solution would be to make a new image and paste both of your existing ones into that instead.

Back