Hello from San Jose, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scox80

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm not so much new to brewing as I am about to be reborn. I brewed for about two years but haven't done it in about 4. My brew partner moved and took some of the equipment we shared. I got all the equipment I need now though and will be brewing this weekend. (I can't wait I miss it!) Still only doing extract. Even though the very first time I brewed with somebody was a full mash I was always to afraid to try it.
Another thing I haven't tried yet is mead though I really want to. Just don't know if I can handle two years of waiting.

Anyways thats about all the intro I can muster up right now. I look forward to talking with you all!

Steve

:mug:

Welcome! I'm a relatively new brewer, but extract has treated me well for my first batch. I'm not sure what this 'extract twang' is people talk about...my first pale ale was pretty damn nice! I've also been looking at going to a partial mash (pm) for one of my next batches. There are some great posts on here about people taking 5-10 gallon coolers and adding on the hardware to make a mash/lauter tun. For about 60 bucks, you can pick up the parts at home depot or lowes. This site also has a huge amount of information about PM and all grain brewing, so don't be afraid to use the search feature!

If you have any good recipes from your experience, feel free to share :) .

Latest posts

Back