• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50' 3/8" SS Immersion Wort Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sale is a new and unused stainless steel immersion wort chiller. The coil is 50 feet in length with a diameter of 3/8". The chiller comes with 12 feet of vinyl tubing and a garden hose fitting. A kitchen faucet adaptor can be obtained for about $5. This chiller is meant for brewing 5-15 gallons batches of beer.
My price is firm, but I would also consider trading this for keg equipment.

Highest bid takes it, you pay shipping

What price? I am confused. :confused:

I'll trade you my 50 foot 3/8 stainless steel immersion chiller. It has no hoses, but you'll be getting the better deal. Any of the previous posters pay shipping. Pick one and send them a PM.

Okay so far the highest offer is $50. Post on this thread if you have a better offer. I'd like to ship this out Saturday morning.

This isn't supposed to be allowed here. Rules state you have to post a price. If you want to auction it off, you should use Ebay.

Delaney said:
Okay so far the highest offer is $50. Post on this thread if you have a better offer. I'd like to ship this out Saturday morning.

Come on, dude. This isn't eBay. Either sell it to the $50 buyer or don't. If you want a bidding war on your stuff the correct web address is www.eBay.com.

Please read the forum rules. Not trying to be a jerk but this is a community, we don't need to encourage stepping on each others toes.

Wait, didn't the OP say his price was firm, then in the next sentence said the highest bid wins? This thread should have been closed right away.

And who said $50? I see $40.

Wait, didn't the OP say his price was firm, then in the next sentence said the highest bid wins? This thread should have been closed right away.

Mods are all sleeping and none of us are jerks enough to report it, just to troll it.:D

tumblr_m0dpm5lITw1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Apparently HBT is supportive only of the "buy it now" feature. I disagree that auctioning it is harmful or that doing so should cause offense. The only people I see complaining are those who aren't seriously interested in the item. I am just going to take my business elsewhere. Sorry for getting your panties in a knot gentlemen.

Delaney said:
Apparently HBT is supportive only of the "buy it now" feature. I disagree that auctioning it is harmful or that doing so should cause offense. The only people I see complaining are those who aren't seriously interested in the item. I am just going to take my business elsewhere. Sorry for getting your panties in a knot gentlemen.

Yeah, you tell em!

See ya!

Delaney said:
Apparently HBT is supportive only of the "buy it now" feature. I disagree that auctioning it is harmful or that doing so should cause offense.

Your point may be valid however agree or not, as a part of this community you agreed to abide by its rules in order to participate. If a time comes that a consensus is reached favoring your views then the rules may be revisited. In the mean time refusing to abide by the rules is rude and petty and if you don't understand that then maybe this is not the best forum for you.

Since the original post has been edited to remove the entire message, this thread should be locked or deleted.

clearly I wasn't aware of that rule, hence why I closed the threade.....I take your remark regarding rudeness with a grain of salt, because you conduct yourself like a genuine a-hole.

Delaney said:
I take your remark regarding rudeness with a grain of salt, because you conduct yourself like a genuine a-hole.

Why? Because I voiced my opinion that I felt what you did was inappropriate? I thought I was nothing if not polite. I didn't call you any names, I didn't ask you to leave and in fact I even conceded that you made a valid point. If asking you to obey the rules makes me an a-hole then I guess I will have to accept the badge. I only worded my response the way I did because of your comment about getinng our panties in a wad. In my book that is always an a-hole move.

This may be splitting hairs, but the only rule he broke was not listing a price. I don't see anywhere in the rules that it's not allowed to "auction" an item. It only says that items must have a price listed. If you list a price and then state that you'll entertain higher offers? As far as I can tell, the rule is up for interpretation.

It's certainly debatable whether it's better to have a first come first served approach, where you have very little chance of getting an item, as opposed to bidding on an item. But that's for another discussion.

Either way, if this guy was really going to sell a 50 foot 3/8 SS immersion chiller for $50, that's a pretty sweet deal (unless shipping knocked it up too much).

And besides, I also saw something about no disparaging or rude remarks in the rules, and I don't see anyone getting up in arms about that in this thread. :tank:

Why? Because I voiced my opinion that I felt what you did was inappropriate? I thought I was nothing if not polite. I didn't call you any names, I didn't ask you to leave and in fact I even conceded that you made a valid point. If asking you to obey the rules makes me an a-hole then I guess I will have to accept the badge. I only worded my response the way I did because of your comment about getinng our panties in a wad. In my book that is always an a-hole move.

Yes, because I had clearly already been made aware of the situation, made evident by the fact that I apologized for twisting your panties, and closed the thread. I dont need 5 people to dogpile my thread telling me something is not allowed...In that instance it is an a-hole move to voice your discontent over the rules being broken. In fact it is hypocritical because I believe spamming is not allowed. Why don't you drink a beer, mellow out, and mind your own business. Rest assured, the next time I want to auction something, I will post a "buy it now" price, just for you ;).

I have SOLD the item. Thread closed. Get over it. Move on with your lives!...

Reactions: mux
delaney said:
yes, because i had clearly already been made aware of the situation, made evident by the fact that i apologized for twisting your panties, and closed the thread. I dont need 5 people to dogpile my thread telling me something is not allowed...in that instance it is an a-hole move to voice your discontent over the rules being broken. In fact it is hypocritical because i believe spamming is not allowed. Why don't you drink a beer, mellow out, and mind your own business. Rest assured, the next time i want to auction something, i will post a "buy it now" price, just for you ;).

I have sold the item. Thread closed. Get over it. Move on with your lives!...
rdwhahb

Yes, because I had clearly already been made aware of the situation, made evident by the fact that I apologized for twisting your panties, and closed the thread. I dont need 5 people to dogpile my thread telling me something is not allowed...In that instance it is an a-hole move to voice your discontent over the rules being broken. In fact it is hypocritical because I believe spamming is not allowed. Why don't you drink a beer, mellow out, and mind your own business. Rest assured, the next time I want to auction something, I will post a "buy it now" price, just for you ;).

I have SOLD the item. Thread closed. Get over it. Move on with your lives!...

You still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back