New brew stand "almost" done.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanmcl

Reaction score
I brewed for the first time on this system last night. Things went pretty well, need to get something to wrap my mash tun with to keep more constant temps. I will probably also add a second valve at the bottom of the mash tun and one at the top dedicated to recirculation.

Pics

IMG_4289.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

I'm going to grab some refectex this week and wrap the mash tun. Hopefully I can stabilize temps.

Looking good for sure. I'm planning to order those same pots (Update International I assume?) and will be going weldless like you. Which pots are you going with a sight glass? I'm thinking boil kettle and HLT. Sight glass on the mash would seem to get clogged and not really necessary. Also, what wrap are you going with on the MT? How did the mash screen work? Any issues with slow runoff or runoff seeming like it was getting stuck? Where did you get the hose that goes from the main gas manifold to the burner? I like those little needle valves.

Looking good for sure. I'm planning to order those same pots (Update International I assume?) and will be going weldless like you. Which pots are you going with a sight glass? I'm thinking boil kettle and HLT. Sight glass on the mash would seem to get clogged and not really necessary. Also, what wrap are you going with on the MT? How did the mash screen work? Any issues with slow runoff or runoff seeming like it was getting stuck? Where did you get the hose that goes from the main gas manifold to the burner? I like those little needle valves.

I'm not going to use sight glass for now, i cant kick the ole measuring stick. Yes, these are the 80 QT from instawares dot com. (Update international). False bottom worked great and i will add another ball valve at the top for recirculations.

I got the main hose from amazon, and the others from agri supply. the needled valves came from here:
http://www.flameengineering.com/Valves.html

These are the hoses to each burner:
http://www.agrisupply.com/High-Pressure-Hose-Assembly-Mpt-Ffl/p/36108/&sid=&eid=/

I'm going to get this wrap at the hardware store this week:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BPF22U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Few more adjustments. Second valve for recirculating. Two new valves at the top the MT and BK. Also, a CPVC spargee arm and a hose from the valve to the bottom of the BK. Still need my relectix.

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

Nice work!! I'm currently welding a 3 tier system but I didn't even think about how close the burners should be. Thanks for the heads up. lol What pumps did you use?

Ken

Nice looking setup! Are you able to do a stepped infusion mash or are you doing a single temp. mash rest?

Ryan - nice job on the build and the pics. Thanks for the lead on the brew pots too. I have to ask though, I went to that Instawares site and they have a few varieties of the 80 qt pots, can you tell me which one you specifically purchased and why that one over the others? Also where did you get the false bottom? Thanks again.
Terry

Back