Cascade done growing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcory77

Reaction score
I don't have a picture yet, but I think my description will do it justice.

My first year cascade has taken off this past month and a half. i think it is about 20 ft. tall now. the past couple of weeks it has been sending out its side shoots and flowering. Looks really good.

Here is my question........the tip has flowered. Is that a sign that verticle growth has stopped and now it will get to work on the hop cones?

If some of you need a picture I will try to get one taken and posted in the next couple of days.

Thanks guys!!!

seems like you hit the nail right on the head. the sidearms/laterals should begin to fill in after burr and you'll have some beautiful hops in a month or so. what i really like is the 'KING HOP' that forms at the very highest end-point of the vine. they are so cool looking and usually have a couple sets of 'angel wings' woven into the cone that makes it kinda look a whole lot more like it's cousin. hop to it!

Awesome!!!!! I didn't know that there would be one KING HOP to rule the kindom. I am looking forward to the next month!!!!

Thanks for the reply!!

My second year Cascade tip flowered at about 13-14 ft and now its just starting to grow cones like crazy. The weather here is finally starting to warm up so that might be affecting the plant as well.

Back