Budweiser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatyPortion

Internet Bartender
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While I was in Trier I stopped in an Irish pub with my wife and they had genuine Budweiser in bottles. I already knew about the Budvar/Anheuser Busch dispute but I still wasn't quite ready to see Budweiser offered at a bar in Germany. So I had to order one.

Color was darker gold than most BMC offerings. You could actually smell a bit of hops which was nice. Taste was a bit sweeter, little maltier than BMC. Refreshing.

Overall I'd say that in the battle of the Budweisers, you have to give it to the original Budweiser (Budojevice or something).

TrierDayandNight1003resize.jpg

TrierDayandNight1004resize.jpg

That's the only Budweiser I'll drink.

When we lived in Germany we used to drive 2 hours to the Czech Republic. My wife would shop and I would drink waiting for her return...

I actually brought back 2 cases of it when I moved back in 2004.

I've actually spent a couple of weekends in Ceske Budejovice (Budweis - (BOOD-vice) in German). :mug:

Isn't that the same as Czechvar is the US ?
Yeah, Budweiser had them change it when imported into the US so we won't get "confused" about which beer they're trying to pawn off, I mean, who's beer we're drinking.

Seems logical that if anyone ever had the "real thing" they wouldn't go back to Buttwiper...;) I know I haven't had an American Bud since Feb 1975.

Yeah, Budweiser had them change it when imported into the US so we won't get "confused" about which beer they're trying to pawn off, I mean, who's beer we're drinking.

Seems logical that if anyone ever had the "real thing" they wouldn't go back to Buttwiper...;) I know I haven't had an American Bud since Feb 1975.

I've had one since then, but I have to say I wasn't born yet in 1975. :)

I drank loads of the stuff while in the Czech Republic. Great tasting beer and at $0.60 for a 1/2 liter, it makes for a great evening.

Not sure if they still sell it there, but when I studied there in 2000, you could get Anheuser-Busch Budweiser there. Of course, because of the whole name thing, it wasn't called Busweiser. It's just called "B". That's it. Capital letter B.

Back