Cold crash temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaK

Reaction score
I'm cold crashing a True Blue Canadian Ale kit before bottling. I've stuck fermenters in the garage during the winter overnight and drop down to about 50F but haven't cold crashed in a fridge yet. I have a modified soda machine that my fermenter fits into. Whats a good cold crash temp and for how long? I keep this machine cold... just above freezing. I don't want to damage the yeasts left as I'm going to be bottle conditioning. I plan on Bottling on Sunday and I just put it in the machine Friday morning.

I'm cold crashing a True Blue Canadian Ale kit before bottling. I've stuck fermenters in the garage during the winter overnight and drop down to about 50F but haven't cold crashed in a fridge yet. I have a modified soda machine that my fermenter fits into. Whats a good cold crash temp and for how long? I keep this machine cold... just above freezing. I don't want to damage the yeasts left as I'm going to be bottle conditioning. I plan on Bottling on Sunday and I just put it in the machine Friday morning.

I cold crash for a week @ about 40, but I keg and don't need to worry about dropping out too much of the yeast

I know with a true Lager sometimes you have to add yeast into the brew before you bottle because too much of it will have dropped out to be able to bottle carbonate

I could see the same thing happening with Ale yeast

Sorry, I know that doesn't help

Back