Changing my air lock when the rubber "O" fell in:-(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGuyRyan

Reaction score
Well that’s it! I had to change out my air lock on a brew that’s about a week in when the rubber grommet fell into the bucket. I opened her up and looked around nothing. I then made up some sanitizer and washed my hands in it and then felt around the top of the brew and nothing it had to of gone to the bottom. Any advise on what to do? The beer is not done yet and probably needs another 4-5 days before racking. Should I just forget about it until then or should I risk going in again and searching the trub trying not to disturb it? :drunk:

I've lost a few rubbers in my time:D, i Just forget about it and put some foil or saran wrap, or try forcing a hose in there over to a jar with water.

I've lost a few rubbers in my time:D, i Just forget about it and put some foil or saran wrap, or try forcing a hose in there over to a jar with water.

I have plenty of extra rubbers:) So I already pulled out a spare, I am just worried about the one that fell in causing a infection or bad taste.

The small chance that the o-ring will cause an infection pales in comparison to the risk you take trying to fish the GD thing out...

Trust me, I know this from experience.

RDWHAHB.

Lost mine one time and just sanitized my arm and went for it. Beer did not go bad or anything. Or like they said leave it and re-rubber:D

Back