Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one hell of a good album as dieties clash has some genius wistle/guitar riffs. But I think this newest album takes the cake as my favorite. I'm also lovin' some Cruachan too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC8HCUaGpNc

this song is gread, not only is it all about the celtic nature god Cernunos, but they manage to work in an old trad tune "O'keefes"

Sweet! Hadn't heard anything from them since The Middle Kingdom, which was class.

Well here's one from their newest (where has the time gone!? It doesnt seem like this came out in 2011)

Last edited by a moderator:

Not the best song ever but I used to bang my head to it back in the days so it inspired my "Creamatory" vanilla-infused Cream Ale:

thumb2_creamatory-60479.png

Aiken, South Carolina, close to Augusta, Georgia, out in the sticks. That show was in Charlotte, NC, saw Down this year in a mid-sized venue called Sky City in Augusta... F#$%ing religious experience. Murryland = Maryland?

Aiken, South Carolina, close to Augusta, Georgia, out in the sticks. That show was in Charlotte, NC, saw Down this year in a mid-sized venue called Sky City in Augusta... F#$%ing religious experience. Murryland = Maryland?

Yeah, imagine it in Cleveland Brown voice :D

And here's the funny part: I actually meant to quote one of headbanger's posts but clicked yours instead. Hope you weren't baffled by my direct question!! :mug:

Black metal fans, I want to hear your opinions on the new Gris album.
Personally, I love it. Not quite as much as their last album, but their last album might be my favorite metal album ever. However, I've seen some mixed opinions on the new one, so I want to hear some more.

Personally, I love it. Not quite as much as their last album, but their last album might be my favorite metal album ever. However, I've seen some mixed opinions on the new one, so I want to hear some more.

The first minutes that I listened to remind me a lot of the old Opeth (at least vocal-wise):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNn-rPXAybQ

After only a couple of spins (wow this is long) I can already say that I like this album better than their last, which was also very good though lacking in production a bit. I can also tell that it will really grow on me, very epic and moving, this is some of the most innovative DBM I have ever heard and the production on this record is flawless.

:mug:

hopefully they're getting back to their roots...dig the track though..

I'm pumped on a new doom project some friends and I are working on... Think Electric Wizrd with a tinge of Funeral Orchestra, I'll post something when it becomes available. I think we decided on the name "HastVasser"

I'm pumped on a new doom project some friends and I are working on... Think Electric Wizrd with a tinge of Funeral Orchestra, I'll post something when it becomes available. I think we decided on the name "HastVasser"

I'd love to hear it

For some reason I always seem to forgrt how awesome this record is until I hear it again...

:rockin:

New DT, and all this new material so soon after Portnoy's departure...

Hmmmm, maybe somebody was...... well, you know.

Back