What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stuff we ordered online for Christmas started coming in yesterday. Can't wait for my new "L" shaped desk to come in to paint/rearrange the brewery/man cave!

Well, hell. Got msg from the bank a lil bit ago. some fool ripped my cc# & tried to spend nearly $866 at walmart.com today. Thank God for fraud protection! But now I got no card & out of checks. had to reorder those, while waiting for new card. no brakes & bank in next town a couple miles away. Dammit! And I never shopped at walmart.com, just the brick & mortar local store. I wonder if they got ripped like target? So watch where ya shop, folks!...

Brewershardware.com did a nice job! This arrived today.

stand2.jpg

Well, hell. Got msg from the bank a lil bit ago. some fool ripped my cc# & tried to spend nearly $866 at walmart.com today. Thank God for fraud protection! But now I got no card & out of checks. had to reorder those, while waiting for new card. no brakes & bank in next town a couple miles away. Dammit! And I never shopped at walmart.com, just the brick & mortar local store. I wonder if they got ripped like target? So watch where ya shop, folks!...

Tis the season for CC number theft.

Some 2-row and a can of Imperial Yeast Independence strain. Can't wait to brew this weekend!

That's why I never use my debit card except at the atm. Credit cards give you way more protection at the legal level.
You may be able to pay with paypal at an auto parts online store to get those brakes handled.
Good luck

That's why I never use my debit card except at the atm. Credit cards give you way more protection at the legal level.
You may be able to pay with paypal at an auto parts online store to get those brakes handled.
Good luck

Debit cards are fine for use, just run them as a credit card and you will get the protection for it.

Debit cards are fine for use, just run them as a credit card and you will get the protection for it.

Just deal with a reputable bank. if your card, debit/credit/or rechargeable has a MasterCard or visa logo on it, then it falls under their blanket protection. I had a prepaid visa I got off the back of a wired magazine that I used to rent a car in Amsterdam once. they tried to hit me with a 400 dollar cleaning fee knowing I wouldn't see it till I landed back in the states. although there wasn't 5 dollars left on the card, and it was absolutely no concern to me, because how do you get money off a prepaid card that had the name "a gift for you" instead of an actual name on it, but visa called me and assured me that my card was still safe and that I would not be responsible for the transaction. came to find out that Avis is an anagram for Visa, and they even fired the person who did it.

Mine's backed by Visa, so I got the protection. Good thing too! They were very quick about it on the cell msg, as the person had just tried to use it at the store's website, which I've never used. I told them all about that stuff on the phone when they called back. This is like the third time I've had this happen between two local branches of big banks.

Sounds like you need to be more conscientious about who you hand that card to, or move out of Detroit…

Not in Detroit, but near Detroit Rd...Been spending the afternoon trying to think back where I might've used my bank card that I didn't before? The others were store cc's. So idk???

Check the online brewing sites. mw got hacked last year. o got a call from chase asking why I had bought 1600 bucks worth of books from some Russian book store, then about 2 days later I got a free 25 dollar gift card from them, as if that would be enough…"sorry we got hacked, here's some store credit for you to make another purchase with!"

I saw the Sunset Pale Ale kit on morebeer's site the other day. That's the name I gave one of my 1st pale ales a couple years ago...

More lab stuff...

Alcohol Lamp
Agar
Plates
Bacteria Stain Kit
SS Funnel set
Test Tube staging rack
Flask kit - 1L, 500ML, 250ML, 150ML & 50ML

Tomorrow I get my Hemocytometer and Loops. Then I'll be a nerd scientist (well, I still would need the white lab coat, but the wife says she is ordering one with extra long sleeves so I can hug myself).

Well I didn't order this, but it arrived today for my birthday as a gift from my in-laws!!!!! :ban: I cannot wait to fire this baby up! My old turkey fryer burner was not safe with my new kettle (old beer keg) and it would take too long to bring a full 5 gallon batch to a boil.

Blichmann Floor Burner.jpg

If you can't tell what model it is from the picture, it's the Blichmann Floor Burner.

Got a new malt mill and my grains for my oktoberfest beer. Yeah a know i am late or well early on my ofest :)

My "L" shaped desk came in yesterday, as did one of the presents for my wife. Packages have been coming in for a few days so far. I hope my Christmas list yields some of the beer stuff I wanted!...

Well I didn't order this, but it arrived today for my birthday as a gift from my in-laws!!!!! :ban: I cannot wait to fire this baby up! My old turkey fryer burner was not safe with my new kettle (old beer keg) and it would take too long to bring a full 5 gallon batch to a boil.

View attachment 321828

If you can't tell what model it is from the picture, it's the Blichmann Floor Burner.

You will like how quiet and efficient it is, but watch your boil rate; It can be well over a gal/hr if you turn it up to high.

Digital display temp controlled soldering station, assorted soldering iron tips, 1/4" SS pipes, assorted beakers, thermowells, and cards against humanity.

On the truck for delivery right now from AIH:

Ball Lock Beer and Gas Disconnects
50ft Beer Line (Ultra Barrier Silver)
50ft Gas Line (PVC)
Tap Handles (x4)
Beer Line Cleaner
Keg Lube
650SS Faucets (x4)
Stainless beer shanks (x4)
5 Gallon Ball Lock AEB Corny Keg (Qty. 4)
Taprite 4 Body Secondary Regulator

My freezer, primary regulator, 20# CO2 tank and temp controller are either coming for Christmas or will be purchased soon.

I still kinda wish I could get something like that. Idk how much time I have left to drink beer, what with worn out joints, doctor's & all. I could put a 3-keg kegerator where the stack of empty boxed bottles sits now...

You will like how quiet and efficient it is, but watch your boil rate; It can be well over a gal/hr if you turn it up to high.

Good to know, thank you! I'm excited for sure and today I will assemble it and get it dialed in. I just wish I was ready to brew another batch this weekend!!!!

On the truck for delivery right now from AIH:

Ball Lock Beer and Gas Disconnects
50ft Beer Line (Ultra Barrier Silver)
50ft Gas Line (PVC)
Tap Handles (x4)
Beer Line Cleaner
Keg Lube
650SS Faucets (x4)
Stainless beer shanks (x4)
5 Gallon Ball Lock AEB Corny Keg (Qty. 4)
Taprite 4 Body Secondary Regulator

My freezer, primary regulator, 20# CO2 tank and temp controller are either coming for Christmas or will be purchased soon.

Go big or go home right?

I got a 750mL bottle of AleSmiths Speedway Stout, a bomber of Modern Times' "Monster's Park" imperial stout, and a bomber of "Breaking Bud" from Knee Deep.

Back