Best place to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GABrewboy

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to the best place to buy a wort chiller? Looking for the immersion one. Just too expensive in my area to make one as the copper alone is more then buying one online.

Thanks for the help!!!

The best place to buy is probably totally dependant on your area :) Give us some more info...

Sorry about that!! I live in the suburbs of Atlanta. I have a local brew shop where I have bought most of my stuff, but they only offer one chiller that really doesn't look of that great of quality to me.

why don't you just go to home depot and buy the copper tubing and fittings and make your own?? home depot doesn't charge that much for copper tubing.

What with the hurricanes and oil prices this year, all home construction supplies are up a lot. The lumber mill near my house has been running manditory overtime for two weeks.

I went to 3 stores yesterday to price the parts needed! Home depot, Lowe's and Ace Hardware.....I make a 25' would run about $45......so why not buy one that is welded together instead of clamped together like you would have to do to make a homemade one

GABrewboy said:
I went to 3 stores yesterday to price the parts needed! Home depot, Lowe's and Ace Hardware.....I make a 25' would run about $45......so why not buy one that is welded together instead of clamped together like you would have to do to make a homemade one

Funny, I was in Home Depot today and passed by the tubing section and saw the same prices. I thought the very same thing about buying a prefabbed one.

Yep!! Not worth the time or money to make your own right now.....so now the question is where to buy one that is a good product and not $100 to ship the thing to you......

Well Orfy, go ahead and make 3 of them and send one of them to me....... :D

Will do, shipping to the States is in the region of $100.

I don't want to make one but I can't justify the cost. It could buy me the best part of a corny. :)

Hey, I fully understand about cost!!! I am still researching all my options!!

Here's a 25' copper tube immersion chiller that costs $47, including shipping, to send to Atlanta area. I've used Midwest twice now, and their customer service, delivery time and prices are good.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4173

Also, my local store ships and has comparable prices. Call them and they can quote you over the phone. They are Home Brew HQ, Richardson, TX, 800-966-4144, www.homebrewhq.com. Similarly low prices, and might be cheaper on shipping. The owner, Kelly, is a great guy and very knowledgeable on brewing beer and wine.

Back