Juicer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintocb

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making a cider with juice made from a juicer? Seems like it would be pretty dang fresh. I'm sure you'd need to boil or use some other kind of bacterial killer.....

I'm sure it would be ok. The problem is getting enough fruit to juice. How many apples would it take to make a gallon of juice? Sure could be good though.

I surely would use some Campdon in the juice for 24 hours before pitching yeast.

You completely could. Some hard core cider makers have there own apple presses and make their own juice. The only thing is that most ciders are made up of a combination of apples that create its certain flavor. you can find apple combinations online, but sometimes cider apples are hard to find in a grocery store. I would reccomend hitting up the nearest farmers market around you to find good apples, and good variety.

Not sure I can make the investment. I really want to try some single apple ciders though, especially a sour apple like Granny Smith. I've been trying to find GS juice and can't. Seneca farms used to make a frozen concentrate, but that is gone. Oh well, guess I'll just have to find other ways to be creative.

Check out the local orchards. We have several here in Southern Vermont. September- October would be a fine time to stock up and get yer cider on.

Back