my first infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zstewart123

Reaction score
Well it happened. My first infection. :( i brewed a Fat Tire clone and it was great through kegging it. I tried it after racking to keg and it tasted fine, a little sour but pretty good. After 3 weeks in the keg i tried a pint the other day. YIKES!! Talk about sour! After just a taste i tossed out the rest of the glass. I figured maybe it was still a little green and will give it a few more days before trying it again. Well this morning when I got home from work I tried it again. Well I really didnt want to see my breakfast again but I surely did. As soon as it hit my stomach, got nauseated and upchucked all over the driveway. I know yall say give it time, but to hell with that. I am pretty much sure it was bad. It smelled ok, no floaties or anything, just noxious taste.

Yep, it sounds like you got the real deal there. Now you know what a true infection is like, so you won't worry so much about those batches that are just a little sourish because they are green.

You see? There's always a silver lining. :)

TL

Sanitize as well as you can, cleanliness is the most important step to making good beer. If it's clean and you don't get an infection, even if the beer sucks, it's still good for what ails you (sobriety). Good luck with the next one.

RS

Latest posts

Back