Cheap but always looking at equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmendo2005

Reaction score
Anyone else always look at the classifieds here and on craigslist etc. knowing full well in your heart you'll never buy any of it? I search craigslist and the classifieds always thinking, hey that is a great deal, I'd love a keg setup, or ag etc. But no matter how good the deal I just can't get myself to drop the money. Always looking and always excited to look though..

Haha that's definitely me for 90% of the time, although around my b-day and x-mas I'm more apt to actually throw down some cash. I need to transition from looking at equipment and wanting to spend $ on that to buying more ingredients instead. I just bought 1 lb of hops for the first time, so it's a start!

I'm always looking for free stuff. For example, about a year ago I found a guy selling 20 ball lock kegs and 6 20# CO2 bottles for $250. I bought it. I sold 15 kegs for $30 each. I now have 5 kegs, 6 CO2 bottles, a march pump and 12" SS false bottom, all for free. :D

I never think of things like that...Maybe I should start...Buying in bulk is the solution!

I have Craigslist rss feeds set up for certain terms in Outlook. The moment someone posts equipment in any nearby area I get the update. I don't pull the trigger often, but I have snagged a couple of good deals. 4 cornies at $10 each, a 20# tank for $25, and a two-tap jockey box with cold plate and regulator for $25.

Edit: How could I forget, I also went all-grain with a deal on a brewers complete setup. That was a little pricier, but I got a ton of equipment and ingredients.

Back