Temp control question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primetime

Reaction score
I have an analog temp control, that i'm using for a chest freezer to ferment in. Can I run two devices in to this controler? I understand that they will both be at the same temp, but is this ok to do?

If the controller is simialr in design to the digital johnson controller I'm not sure how you would plug two in (aside from using a splitter). There is only one temp probe so unless the two freezers are exactly the same and are opened/closed/situated exactly the same and are in exactly the same working condition, I'm not sure how it would work.

I don't think this would work very well. The two devices may be at a similar temperature, but there's no guarantee of that. If one has a different cooling capacity or insulating efficiency or if one beer is producing more heat, you may have substantially different temps between the two units.

it depends if the temp controller has two plugs or not and how much amperage/voltage it can safely output.

Back