12 Pointed Star Keg Post - What Type is it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
I have a Cornelius Co. keg (no specific 'model' stamped on the keg). The posts look like 'type A', which wouldn't be right for a Cornelius Co. keg. (I think 'A" is for Firestone?) They look like Type 'A' except that the gas post has a 12-pointed star shaped 'nut' instead of a hex. I removed the gas post and tried (gently) to replace it with a Type 'A' gas post.. it only went on a turn or two and got stuck. Any idea what this 12-pointed-star-nutted post is? TIA!

---VikeMan

Pretty sure the 12 point is just another way to differentiate the gas post from the beer post... much like the notches on the 6 point gas posts. I have both and they are interchangeable.

Well, I knew it was a gas post. But my point is that the post is the size and shape of a Type A gas post. And when I tried to replace it with a Type A gas post, it would not fit. So what type could it be? (It looks nothing like a type B.)

---VikeMan

I guess I'm asking that question wrong. What kind of post would I replace it with?

I'm curious from where you purchased this Cornelius keg with what sounds like Firestone posts? The posts between these two different kegs are not supposed to be interchangeable.

I also purchased a used Cornelius keg that came with Firestone posts and have requested replacement Cornelius brand posts.

I'm curious from where you purchased this Cornelius keg with what sounds like Firestone posts? The posts between these two different kegs are not supposed to be interchangeable.

I also purchased a used Cornelius keg that came with Firestone posts and have requested replacement Cornelius brand posts.

Bought used at the LHBS.

Back